Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody know...

1. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes

Does anybody know...

Advertisements
    Forget it.
    Last edited by Coastie's Grrrl; 11-18-2007 at 06:50 PM. Reason: OPSEC VIOLATION
    Missing my

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

you have us now!

i see you are new...your post shouldn't say when your db is leaving nor should you have a countdown ticker as to when he'll be back. publicizing troop movements is an opsec violation. i reported your posts to the management, so whoever gets to the post first, you or them, will adjust them accordingly.
    Last edited by Brandi; 11-18-2007 at 06:30 PM.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Welcome to the site

You are more then welcome to keep your orginial post up. Just instead of saying your man is leaving in X amount of days or weeks Just simply state leaving soon or what not And the ticker should count up instead of down. So your SO has been gone X amount of days instead of X amount of days left

Its no biggie. Just we try to limit how much mention of troop movement goes on

Again welcome
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    welcome, i'm up here on the bangor base! where are you
  5. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by wagrrrl View Post
    Forget it.
    Don't forget it... just rephrase it! We are here and waiting!
  6. Senior Member
    Oh, don't feel bad and say "forget it". It's a common issue. You're not the first and you won't be the last. Repost what you said and join us!
  7. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes

Help okay- try this again

So... My DB is CG reserves and we NEVER expected an OCONUS deployment but here we are. Even though we live near several bases, since we are not married I cannot get on them. His unit is only half deployed and they had a couple of family meetings but when the paper went around at the first one to collect e-mail addresses one of the women pointedly snatched it out of my hands and said that it is only for the wives. DB tried to ask the ombuds person to contact me with info but she has not done so and I missed another meeting because I didn't know when it was.
    We have been together for nearly 4 years. I have a 13 year old daughter who considers him to be her dad and is really suffering with this deployment. Of course- being a 13 year old girl, her coping strategy is to yell at me and slam doors.
    I have a great career job as well as another job so I am busy but frankly, I'm kind of falling apart right now. I can't eat, I can't sleep. None of my friends have ever been through anything like this (we're a bunch of liberal social workers- not a military member anywhere) so they don't really understand. DB really doesn't get that this affects me and my daughter so deeply and had not really given us any thought as he prepared himself. Even my mom and dad- who is retired Army Reserve but never deployed- don't get it.
    I've come to the conclusion that I need to broaden my circle of friends if I am going to find any support in this.
    Are there any support groups or anything anywhere in the Pacific NW that are not on base?
    If not does anyone go to one and wouldn't mind me tagging along occasionally?
    I really am very independent but this is just too much right now.
    Last edited by Coastie's Grrrl; 04-04-2008 at 04:03 PM.
    Missing my

8. Senior Member
    theres some many people here who have been through it or are going through it im sorry your having a hard time! keep your head up
    and !

9. Senior Member
    You are not alone. You have a wonderful support group right here. I'm not in the Pacific NW, but I am here all the same. Keep reading, and you'll see how many girlfriends of military men are feeling just like you. Sometimes a little shut out, sometimes a bit misunderstood. I feel I have no resources allowed me from the Navy, because I'm not legally married to my Sailor. But, that's why I'm here.

Keep posting. We'll all keep supporting you.

10. Noel2385
    Quote Originally Posted by wagrrrl View Post
    So... My DB is CG reserves and we NEVER expected an OCONUS deployment but here we are. Even though we live near several bases, since we are not married I cannot get on them. His unit is only half deployed and they had a couple of family meetings but when the paper went around at the first one to collect e-mail addresses one of the women pointedly snatched it out of my hands and said that it is only for the wives. DB tried to ask the ombuds person to contact me with info but she has not done so and I missed another meeting because I didn't know when it was.
    We have been together for nearly 5 years and have lived together for 4. I have a 13 year old daughter who considers him to be her dad and is really suffering with this deployment. Of course- being a 13 year old girl, her coping strategy is to yell at me and slam doors.
    I have a great career job as well as another job so I am busy but frankly, I'm kind of falling apart right now. I can't eat, I can't sleep. None of my friends have ever been through anything like this (we're a bunch of liberal social workers- not a military member anywhere) so they don't really understand. DB really doesn't get that this affects me and my daughter so deeply and had not really given us any thought as he prepared himself. Even my mom and dad- who is retired Army Reserve but never deployed- don't get it.
    I've come to the conclusion that I need to broaden my circle of friends if I am going to find any support in this.
    Are there any support groups or anything anywhere in the Pacific NW that are not on base?
    If not does anyone go to one and wouldn't mind me tagging along occasionally?
    I really am very independent but this is just too much right now.
    That is SO RUDE!! I've heard that some women can be like that but never actually heard a first hand account of it. I'm so sorry

I was lucky and the women I met at my DB's pre-deployment meeting made sure I was on their email list even though i'm "just the girlfriend".

Have you tried explaining the situation to anyone in the family support group? Or you might be able to contact the USO and find out when the next meeting is....I don't know I'm pretty new to this but just throwing out ideas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast