Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 17th Pot Luck on Whidbey Island

1. Senior Member

November 17th Pot Luck on Whidbey Island

Advertisements
    Hi ladies!

Okay well we're just about a week away from our pot luck! I'm really looking forward to meeting you all!!

I guess since it's a pot luck we need to figure out who is bringing what. I was thinking "finger food" would probably be good. As I hear back from people as to what they are bringing, I'll edit this first post so you can easily see what has already been sorted.

I am making bruschetta and smoked salmon spread. So I'll also have bread and crackers covered.

I was thinking we might want some hot dogs or bagel bites or something like that for the kids. Parents who are bringing kids, please weigh in on what you prefer for them to eat and I'll pick that up. Also, please remind me of ages if you don't mind. I think I only had one person let me know that earlier.

I can't wait for next Saturday! I will PM everyone who responded to either Dani or my previous threads to confirm you are coming and to give you directions to my house. If you want to bring your DH that is fine, but if you want to come without, that's fine too!

Okay here's the food list so far:

Lissa: bruchetta, salmon cheese dip/spread and bread
    Dani: artichoke dip
    Amber V: Fruit
    Del: quesidilla's or vegetarian snacks
    RCWant2Be: Earthquake death by chocolate cake (Yum!!)
    Last edited by petsparkle; 11-12-2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: update to food list
  2. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    Since I don't know DH's schedule, I don't know if I can make it. BUT after he gets home from this det this weekend, I'll let ya'll know
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    argh . we arent going to be wit a command . sighs DH deattaches the 16th,,,,,,,, I will miss it ..... hope all goes well
  4. Senior Member
    I will be there with my 3 kiddos (6, 3 and 1 1/2). I will be driving up the free way. Let me think on something to bring for a couple of days.
    blinkies by Britt
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvNmyAO View Post
    argh . we arent going to be wit a command . sighs DH deattaches the 16th,,,,,,,, I will miss it ..... hope all goes well
    I'm sorry. Where are you guys headed? If you feel like stopping by if your plans change at all, you'd be welcome!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Since I don't know DH's schedule, I don't know if I can make it. BUT after he gets home from this det this weekend, I'll let ya'll know
    You're just round the corner, so even if you don't plan to come, you're welcome to drop in anytime! Yey that he's coming home this weekend. I always hated those short dets between deployments. We had one time when he got back from 4 months gone in December. We were still at the airport when they told us he was going on a 2 week det in 3 days! Then in January, they canceled his leave (first time in 2 years he'd taken leave) and sent him on another 1 week det. Then he deployed again 2 weeks after getting back. The short, frequent ones are just as hard as the long ones in my opinion. You never get a chance to get used to them being gone, or back before it changes again!

Okay I've just my own thread! LOL

Whatever people bring doesn't have to be much. Chips, soda, cookies, whatever. I just don't really want to have to get it all!! But it's not a big deal if I do, it just won't be particularly interesting food!
  7. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    I will bring whatever... I was thinking dessert but it doesn't matter. I might do artichoke dip!?
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i still haven't decided what to bring...
  9. Senior Member
    I can swing by Costco and get some fruit.
    blinkies by Britt
  10. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    Well, whatever you guys want, I can try to bring.

I can do dessert, or quesidillas (sp? my spanish sucks lately), or random vegetarian snacky things if you want!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast