Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New OFFICIAL Lincoln Family Group

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Dance New OFFICIAL Lincoln Family Group

Advertisements
    Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that while there wasn't an official family group before, we now have one.

The Captain's wife and Ombudsmen come to all the meetings and everyone is welcome (Officer and Enlisted). We meet about once a month, but also have socials depending on where you live. There are also branches for the Kitsap and Seattle area. Come to the meetings if you can for OFFICIAL infromation, news, social events, and drawings. So far drawings have been held for 24 hour liberty chits (9 given out so far), phone cards, "First Kiss" and "First Hug" off the boat, etc. Even of you can't come, please tell anyone you know. This group is just starting and we want to get as many families invilved as possible. We only had 34 wives last night...and for a crew of 3000...... So please come get involved it doesn't cost anything but your time, and you might learn something or meet some new friends. There is childcare on site if needed.

We just had a meeting last night, but there is a Potluck on Nov. 15th at Smokey Point Chapel Fellowship Hall (Across from housing office). Please come and bring your kids and any other Lincoln families that you know.

If you want to participate in the message boards or just check it out go to WWW.LincolnALFA.org.

If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to help you.
  2. Senior Member
    It sounds like you guys really got your group going. YAY!!! Last time I talked with someone it was not going so much. I have a friend who's dh just transfered there. And we had both heard the Lincoln charged dues for the group. Can you enlighten me on those details. She would love to be involved. A PM is fine also.
    blinkies by Britt
  3. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Hey thank you for the info!! DH will be reporting to the Lincoln next February.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  4. Saundra Heller
    Hi Everyone
    I just moved here from Hawaii, and I attend the meeting last month. It was really nice and everyone was friendly. At the meeting they said that there are no dues for this group, the only thing that was charged was child care, which I believe is only a 1 per hour? I can't remember.
    I hope to see everyone there next Thursday.
  5. who will drive my soul?
    who will drive my soul?
    i really wish i could come. i'm in CA tho. my db is on the lincoln. can y'all keep me up to date?
    www.acoan.scentsy.us
    www.andreacoan.blogspot.com
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    They used to charge dues, before the group became "official" but now that the Captain backs the group it gets funding from the ship MWR.

About childcare, yes, they ask $1-$2 per child, whatever you can afford.
  7. Senior Member
    I will pass this info on to my friend. Can you pm me a way for her to contact you and I can send that to her?
    blinkies by Britt
  8. ShutterbugBecca
    Hi Becca! We report in March 08!
    We are flying there in January for a house hunting trip. Are you going to live in housing or out in town?
    I'm excited to meet you!
    Last edited by ShutterbugBecca; 11-13-2007 at 01:53 PM. Reason: mispelled
  9. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Hello everyone! my husband is reporting to the lincoln in mid aug.
    as i understand i the USS Lincoln is on deployment, right? i stressin cause i wonder if they will send he to the ship... does anyone know when they get back? or what the chances are if they will?

it will be my 1st deployment with if they do send him... worried

It's Not Brave If Your Not Scared" - Abby (From The Movie Bounce)
  10. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    so he reported to the Everett Naval Base on the 10th and was sent out to meet the Lincoln on monday... i guess that means i'll be alone for a while. has anyone joined the family group for the ship? i think about joining cause i really need to meet people in the area and stopping being such a hermit.

is anyone else going through this kinda of thing? or has had there SO sent out to the lincoln on monday or recently.

It's Not Brave If Your Not Scared" - Abby (From The Movie Bounce)