Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Langley

1. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries

Langley

Advertisements
    So, I saw that a lot of people are from around Hampton/Newport News/VA Beach area, huh? We just moved here and bought our first house. We are really liking it so far. How does everyone else feel about the area?

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We can't stand the area and are ready to move back south. This is the farthest north that we have lived, but it is mainly due to the command that we are at. We do not like the fast attack submarine and want to go back to the tridents.
  3. Senior Member
    I am not there now, but we lived there for 14years. We wanted to come back there, but we are going to San Diego.
  4. Autumn07
    I have lived there twice, once in the late 90's (for 3 years) and then we just moved from there after living for 2 years.
    We lived in Newport News the first time which I absolutely HATED. We lived off of J Clyde Morris Blvd behind the Chevy dealership.
    Recently we lived in Hampton in Fox Hill and loved it.
    Generally I hated Virginia though and hope we never have to go back.
  5. Jen25
    I've lived in Virginia Beach for a couple years now, about the same for my boyfriend. We both really like it here. I miss home of course in the good old midwest. There are good areas and bad like anywhere, for me it was finding some good friends and some quiet places that has made it feel homey to me.
  6. Thank You Lord for Our Blessings!!!
    Thank You Lord for Our Blessings!!!
    I have lived here for 2 months.. We like it so far
  7. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    We are in the same boat Margaret. We've been here about two months. I am really just happy with my exact situation, not sure it is the area. I live next door to my best friend, we just bought our first house, and we are less than a mile from my son's school. It is just all coming together and that probably has more to do with it than the place.

We built our home in Isle of Wight county,VA... just over the Jrb from Hampton/Newport News... We looked at all the areas to live and surprisingly they have a great school system here... I designed my home and it is set up for us...We live on over an acre in a nice subdivision outside of the city...

If any of you watched the hurricane floyd aftermath a couple of days ago, We lived in the Newport News housing that flooded... We lost everything my baby was only 6 months old and I had a 6 yr old... I would not ever recommend anyone living in Woodbridge Crossing military townhomes... The ground in nasty and the homes have caused more harm to others that live there now....if you had breathing problems they could get worse in that housing....

I love where I live, we don't have to hear our neighbor's tv music etc.... We can have peace and quiet or visit the neighbors... Also our home prices are thru the roof now, and anyone moving here in the neighborhood would have to be E-7 or above now which is sad.... It is great for us if we decide to move though....

I teach at my local library crochet and knitting and we are even learning to spin roving into yarn which is pretty cool....

Yeah I love where we live now, but we have lived all over the hampton roads area....Some places that were nice when we lived there now have issues with crime.... scary.....

I travel all over the area too and I am a wsahm now...(working stay at home mom) I do crochet and knitting orders for people that want me special make things for them...

Bren
  9. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you are pretty settled! My dad lives over the JRB somewhere. He said he lives in a cornfield, so I'm guessing it is a little more rural over there?

10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I am from the area. The Navy told us to come back. Not my choice. It's just my top place to want to live. I think it's crowded, traffic is a mess and I am way to close to my family.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast