Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gathering of Eagles in DC 9/15

1. Trophy Wife in Training
    Trophy Wife in Training

Question Gathering of Eagles in DC 9/15

Advertisements
    Anyone going?

I'm not trying to get crazy or anything, maybe just check out the commotion. I'm not exactly the protesting type.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Nope....I stay away from things like that....but thanks for posting, checked their site and now I know to stay away from DC this weekend since they will be there then too for the Patreus hearing
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    What is this all about?
    Last edited by BzzzWife; 09-06-2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: geesh I meant to type oogle lol
  4. Senior Member
    That is right smack dab in the middle of the fucking vacation that we have planned for over a year, and paid for about 8 months ago. We may be going to Virginia that day to get away from it. There are going to be about 20 of us there from the 13th to the 18th. Most of the guys going are going specifically to go to the Vietnam veterans memorial wall and make peace, and this bullshit happens.
  5. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I thought I was up on current events - what is this all about?

From the title of the post I thought it had something to do with Philadelphia and football season -
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

From the title of the post I thought it had something to do with Philadelphia and football season -
    It's a protest in DC, just google the title of this thread and you'll learn all about it.
  7. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Laurie.
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

Don't feel bad because I thought it was about eagles (bird) flying over DC
  9. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I found this article regarding the group - but I don't understand why anyone would be up in arms. They seem like "our" kind of people? Granted, it's a couple of months old (the article), but Laurie I'd think Steve might WANT to be involved?

I might just be really lost.

Leftist activists who march to the Pentagon next month will discover that their path won't be as clear as it has been in the past.

The group, led by Cindy Sheehan, Jane Fonda, Ramsey Clark and their ilk, plan to gather March 17th at the Vietnam Memorial Wall to begin a march to protest America's involvement in the Iraq war. The date marks the fourth anniversary of the war's beginning.

This time, however, protestors will see objectors if they spit on Iraqi veterans again, or throw paint on a war memorial. This time, they will encounter a buzz saw of Vietnam veterans and supporters who will gather to protect the Wall, and show their support for U.S. troops. The counter-protestors are calling themselves the Gathering of Eagles.
    " An eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks. The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it."

~Benjamin Franklin~
  10. Senior Member
    Becca, I didn't read much about that, and Steve would want to be involved from the little bit that my tired brain has read about them this morning. The thing I'm upset about is the protest on the wall that this organization is going to protect. I'm sorry, it's early and my writing brain hasn't clicked on yet. I'm just resentful that the protest is going on at all, and especially while we're there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast