Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Well, more questions...

1. Rachee03

Well, more questions...

Advertisements
    I hate to keep bogging down the threads with all my questions...but Im preparing to move to norfolk in a few months, and I figure who better to ask then the ladies that live there. I've been searching online and I cant find a thing. Well, I did find how much property tax is, but nothing about any utilities. So, If someone doesnt mind to let me know about how much gas and electric is (not necessarily your bill, but how much per unit...or whatever it comes in), and maybe even cable and stuff I would love that. I realize it might be a personal money question, Im just trying to be prepaired and budget accordingly! Thanks gals, you're the best.
  2. Senior Member
    depending on how big the home is and how many are in your house you should always plan to budget atleast around 200 a month for water & electric...if the unit has gas of course your electric will be less but in the winter your gas will be high...we lived in Norfolk back in 2001 in a total electric 2 bedroom townhouse and there's 4 in my family...our electric varied from 130 in the spring/fall to 185 in the summer/winter...i don't recall our exact water bill but i'm sure it was 40-50 every month...cable just depends on what you want to pay very few channels and it will be really low get all the channels including premium and you can pay upwards of 90 a month...the same for your phone bill

if you only have 30-40 for your cable or phone just make sure when you get these things connected that you stick with in your budget...ask the representative what they can offer you for X amount of dollars and go from there.

good luck with the move
  3. Rachee03
    Thanks so much! I appreciate the info. Bills are something I am always worried about, I think i make a new budget every week
  4. Senior Member
    Our electric bill (we live in a house in Norfolk, about 1400 sq ft) is $126 a month (we do the budget billing and pay the same amt each month) and water is about 50-60 a month (this includes trash pick-up as well). We don't have gas at all.
  5. Rachee03
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa0323 View Post
    Our electric bill (we live in a house in Norfolk, about 1400 sq ft) is $126 a month (we do the budget billing and pay the same amt each month) and water is about 50-60 a month (this includes trash pick-up as well). We don't have gas at all.
    Thanks so much! Thats way less than I thought it would be...my mom's bill here in ohio can be almost 300 bucks. Eek!
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I'll let you know as soon a FULL month's electricity bill comes in. We're living in a 4 bedroom 1800 sq ft house and run the a/c 24/7. Our cable/phone/internet is about $150 a month.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I also live in a 4 bedroom house and we have the AC on all the time. Our house is about 2000 sq ft and our electric bill last month was $318. Our average bill when it is not the summer months is around $200-225. Our water bill for 2 months averages around $170 which includes trach pick up. We also have 14 aquariums in our house, so that might be high to most. We also average about $150 TV, phone, and internet.
  8. Rachee03
    Thanks so much for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by knockouttrish View Post
    Our water bill for 2 months averages around $170 which includes trach pick up. We also have 14 aquariums in our house, so that might be high to most.
    haha yeah, I hope mine will be less, since it will just be me and some pups!
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    whitefence.com is a great site because you can hook up your utilites on there, but also you can see how much each company charges per kilowatt, we used it when we moved.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. Rachee03
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    whitefence.com is a great site because you can hook up your utilites on there, but also you can see how much each company charges per kilowatt, we used it when we moved.
    Great! Thanks so much. That is exactly the kind of thing I searched and searched for online and couldnt find haha. You're great!