Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Norfolk ladies :)

1. Porcelain..are you wasting away in your skin?
    Porcelain..are you wasting away in your skin?

Norfolk ladies :)

Advertisements
    Can any of you tell me anything about these apartment/townhome places? We're taking househunting leave in April and we're trying to get the list narrowed down (right now I think there's 40 places on the list...sigh).

*Crown Point Townhomes
    *Grafton Station
    *Merrimack Landing

Those are the ones that DH and I really liked...on paper. What are they like in person?

Thanks!!
    Sad, sad, sad. Pathetic, actually.
  2. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    IMO I would not live in Norfolk. Thats just me. I am from Chesapeake and I have only lived their Va Beach and Newport News. Alot of areas can be a little bad by the base. I am not familiar with those apartments. Maybe some other girls in the area do. I know alot of people who live in Norfolk and like it.
  3. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Merrimack landing is right outside gate 4.. I've heard some bad things about them. Cars get broke into, tires get slashed, they get damaged in general! ... Crown Point isnt in the best area either. PARTS of Norfolk aren't exactly safe at night. Gangs of people walk up & down the street!

Grafton Station is in a nicer neighborhood! Ive never seen them in person though
    www.apartmentratings.com

be sure to call the place, some communities have income restriction that most military families don't qualify for

4. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by AG3Wife View Post
    Merrimack landing is right outside gate 4.. I've heard some bad things about them. Cars get broke into, tires get slashed, they get damaged in general! ... Crown Point isnt in the best area either. PARTS of Norfolk aren't exactly safe at night. Gangs of people walk up & down the street!

Grafton Station is in a nicer neighborhood! Ive never seen them in person though
    www.apartmentratings.com

be sure to call the place, some communities have income restriction that most military families don't qualify for
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    One thing we learned while we were here in VA looking for a place to live, is to call the police in the area and check out what kind of reports they get. They can tell you what kind of problems if any they have in different areas of town. When you go and look for a place to live, drive by at NIGHT. That will tell you a lot about the area.

I have extra apartment guide books if you want one. I will gladly send it to you. It's seperated by area, which might make things easier for you. From what I've seen Norfolk is not the nicest area up here.
  6. Porcelain..are you wasting away in your skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
    One thing we learned while we were here in VA looking for a place to live, is to call the police in the area and check out what kind of reports they get. They can tell you what kind of problems if any they have in different areas of town. When you go and look for a place to live, drive by at NIGHT. That will tell you a lot about the area.

I have extra apartment guide books if you want one. I will gladly send it to you. It's seperated by area, which might make things easier for you. From what I've seen Norfolk is not the nicest area up here.
    Thanks for the offer. I've already had one sent to me and have been paging through it whenever the kiddo lets me. It's so hard to look through these dang things because ALL the apartment complexes sound so nice...and from my personal experience (the apartment I was living in in Jax for one), it was NOT nice at all.

I just don't want to go through that again!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by missyanne24 View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I've already had one sent to me and have been paging through it whenever the kiddo lets me. It's so hard to look through these dang things because ALL the apartment complexes sound so nice...and from my personal experience (the apartment I was living in in Jax for one), it was NOT nice at all.

I just don't want to go through that again!
    I know what you mean. They make the pictures and explanations sound so nice....but we drove by a few places and didn't even bother going in to look.

Good luck with your search!
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    They can really mislead with those pictures. I am from the area so if you need any help just let me know.
  9. Porcelain..are you wasting away in your skin?
    Thanks!