Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kittery Maine

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Kittery Maine

Advertisements
    Hi All!

I looking for any information about Kittery Maine. Like where to live (or more importantly where NOT to live)? What schools (elementary) are good? What kinds of things are there to do around?

We are PCSing this summer and I am super excited! We've always been W. Coast and currently just finishing up 6 years overseas. I am SO ready

Thanks~
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JessMobes View Post
    Hi All!

I looking for any information about Kittery Maine. Like where to live (or more importantly where NOT to live)? What schools (elementary) are good? What kinds of things are there to do around?

We are PCSing this summer and I am super excited! We've always been W. Coast and currently just finishing up 6 years overseas. I am SO ready

Thanks~
    It's pretty much your quintessential small coastal New England town. There are a bunch of cute little shops, an outlet mall, and some nice beaches. Nubble light house is nearby (my favorite New England lighthouse) and you have your pick of great seafood joints, although I highly recommend Bob's Clam Hut. You're going to be on the NH/ME border and MA is very close (you're about an hour and a half from Boston), so there's a lot to see and do outside of Kittery.

That's about all I know. Welcome to New England.

3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I haven't lived there so I can't answer your questions but we vacationed in Maine last Fall and it is a fantastic place with so many nearby weekend trips. If I had to live in New England, that's where I'd want to be.
  4. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by JessMobes View Post
    Hi All!

Thanks~
    Hey - congrats on heading to New England.

Kittery is a relatively small school district with grade leveling, so if you are within the city limits, your children will go to Kittery School District ~ Kittery, Maine. Here is the site for the lower elementary: Horace Mitchell Primary School I haven't read anything memorable about the district (I see lots of state data) so I'm guessing it is a reasonably strong, typical southern Maine school district.

This snapshot State Department of Education - Maine shows that the lower elementary is above all of the targets for the last report.

If you have specific questions, I can seek out additional information. In looking things up, I found that I do have a contact within the district.

Hope that helps . . . .