Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quantico base housing?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    Well, not to rain on the parade, but OCS and TBS are two different beasts. OCS was basically in the field the whole time. He would be secured for like, 36 hours of libbo on the weekends. He did the 10 week OCS and it sucked, but we were only dating then. He didn't even get his phone on the weekend for the first 3 weeks. After the first 3 weeks they get liberty on the weekends only but that's it.

TBS is the 6 month officer school they do after OCS and comissioning. I'm guessing his school after OCS would be similar-ish to TBS as far as the freedom and quality of life type stuff. I'm with you, I wouldn't want DH and DS to be apart longer than they'd have to be. Could you do a class or two during OCS since you wouldn't see him anyway and then be here for the other school?
    Hi JaneSays,

Were you able to get on base housing? We are moving to Quantico for TBS in a year. My husband was told that it's pretty hard to get on base housing for the families of officers attending TBS. I would prefer to live on base seeing that BAH for Quantico is not that great. What was your experience? I appreciate your help!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My husband is leaving for OCS in January! We will live on base too for TBS because we will save trouble and we have a dog as well.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonski View Post
    Hi JaneSays,

Were you able to get on base housing? We are moving to Quantico for TBS in a year. My husband was told that it's pretty hard to get on base housing for the families of officers attending TBS. I would prefer to live on base seeing that BAH for Quantico is not that great. What was your experience? I appreciate your help!
    We chose not to live on base, mostly because the base is huge and my husband figure slicing off base close to the TBS gate would be a better commute than living on base but most likely fairly far from TBS. it was also easier to find a place with a small fenced in yard off base. However, when we applied, it seemed like there would be no issues getting a place on base. It may depend on what time y'all head there. He started in the fall, and not as many people seem to
    PCS then (or at least that want on base housing).
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    We chose not to live on base, mostly because the base is huge and my husband figure slicing off base close to the TBS gate would be a better commute than living on base but most likely fairly far from TBS. it was also easier to find a place with a small fenced in yard off base. However, when we applied, it seemed like there would be no issues getting a place on base. It may depend on what time y'all head there. He started in the fall, and not as many people seem to
    PCS then (or at least that want on base housing).
    Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12