Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New friends in Virginia Beach?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New friends in Virginia Beach?

Advertisements
    Hello!

I'm not sure how active these forums are but I've tried every website possible looking for drama free friends lol. Seems they don't exist lol. So about myself: I'm Amanda, I'm 21 and have 2 babies under the age of 2, I've been married to my sailor for almost 3 years now and he's an OS2 on the TRUXTUN stationed at NOB. I don't have any friends really aside from my high school BFF, that's really sad actually lol. I'm not exactly the social butterfly I would like to be but once I get to know someone I'm a totally laid back person. I love to watch movies and drink wine (or whatever is in the fridge lol), occasionally take the kids to the aquarium or zoo or the mall. I'm pretty boring lol. I knit and paint too! We are definitely the definition of a southern family, our closet full of camo proves that haha. So friends like like the outdoors and like to camp and fish would be amazing but at this point I'm not too picky! Just don't be crazy lol.
  2. Senior Member
    Hi and

This is a very active forum so you may want to introduce yourself in the newbies section so more people can see your post.

A lot of people here have recommended meetup.com for making new friends.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm moving out of the area so no help there but it helps to keep an open mind.

If you go onto a Facebook page thinking that all you'll find is drama and crazies then it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, you won't see the perfectly normal people asking about where to take their babies for fun when it's gets cold or about camping in the area. Those are awesome windows to find people in your area that are interested in the things that you like and are probably looking for playdates or friends as well. Best of luck!