Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: LittleCreek,VA!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

LittleCreek,VA!

Advertisements
    Can anyone point me in the direction for safe and decent off base housing? We just got orders and PCS in January, housing list is over a year wait!
  2. Senior Member

No need to post twice but incase you missed my other reply: Wesleyan Chase is a nice neighborhood with nothing apartments and houses (between Diamond Springs and Baker), also Lake Shores (Jack Frost Rd) is nice (houses). Generally closer to gate 5/further from gate 1 will be nicer. Cullen Rd (houses) is really nice, but also on the pricier end. That's all pretty much in 23455.

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    No need to post twice but incase you missed my other reply: Wesleyan Chase is a nice neighborhood with nothing apartments and houses (between Diamond Springs and Baker), also Lake Shores (Jack Frost Rd) is nice (houses). Generally closer to gate 5/further from gate 1 will be nicer. Cullen Rd (houses) is really nice, but also on the pricier end. That's all pretty much in 23455.
    I didn't see that, thanks for responding! How far are most of these places from JEB?
  4. Senior Member

2-5 minutes

5. You are here.
    You are here.
    honestly anything on shore drive eastward is pretty safe. everything from diamond springs east is pretty safe. military highway west can get extremely sketchy imo depending on the neighborhood. we live in the newtown area and its nice as well. princess ann towards oceana is really nice as well.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We lived in Harbour Inn off of Shore Drive and as close as it was to base it was awful. I'm fine paying more living in Virginia beach out toward Chesapeake where I know we are safe but it's a 20-30 minutes drive for hubs in the morning but he doesn't mind. We have a 2 bedroom apartment with like 1100 square feet for 1200$. Just stay away from ocean view!
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We live in Cape Story (it's part of Virginia Beach) further down Shore Dr. from LC. Cape Story and Chick's Beach are both fantastic areas.