Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Best airport to fly into DC?

  1. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #11
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    Dulles is out in the middle of nowhere.
    Uhm??

    No it isn't..

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost&faraway View Post
    Reagan is the family favorite. My aunt lived there for 40+ years and was always very adamant about using Reagan.
    yep.. whenever my family asks I say Raegan ... or Dulles.. only because Dulles is one mile from where I work.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    be: pistachio's Avatar
    be: pistachio is offline
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Let's be honest; Okinawa is not Japan.
    Posts
    3,717

    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Uhm??

    No it isn't..
    Last time I flew out of it from DC, it felt like it to me It is if you don't have a car. If you can't get to it on the metro, I consider it the middle of nowhere.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    Last time I flew out of it from DC, it felt like it to me It is if you don't have a car. If you can't get to it on the metro, I consider it the middle of nowhere.
    Lol.. I guess.. but you can't get to BWI with metro either.. you need a car, bus or amtrak..
    You can now get to Dulles via metro and bus (bus from the new metro line).. but even if you take a cab from the metro to dulles its far cheaper than a cab from metro to BWI

    Not sure if you've flown in/out of BWI but its worse than Dulles as far as getting to... or at the least just as bad..

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    be: pistachio's Avatar
    be: pistachio is offline
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Let's be honest; Okinawa is not Japan.
    Posts
    3,717

    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Lol.. I guess.. but you can't get to BWI with metro either.. you need a car, bus or amtrak..
    You can now get to Dulles via metro and bus (bus from the new metro line).. but even if you take a cab from the metro to dulles its far cheaper than a cab from metro to BWI

    Not sure if you've flown in/out of BWI but its worse than Dulles as far as getting to... or at the least just as bad..
    I don't know the first thing about BWI; that's why I didn't comment on it. I've flown into Reagan, and it was easy. I flew out of Dulles because I was leaving on an international flight, and it seemed very far away.

    If I were going to a conference at Dupont Cir, I would fly into Reagan and take the metro from the airport to the hotel. I wouldn't even consider an airport an hour or more away, when the metro is right there at Reagan.
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    I don't know the first thing about BWI; that's why I didn't comment on it. I've flown into Reagan, and it was easy. I flew out of Dulles because I was leaving on an international flight, and it seemed very far away.

    If I were going to a conference at Dupont Cir, I would fly into Reagan and take the metro from the airport to the hotel. I wouldn't even consider an airport an hour or more away, when the metro is right there at Reagan.
    Yup!

    However... with the new metro line that just opened.. its a short 15 min taxi from Dulles to metro line and you can take that metro line into the city.. will still take probably 40 mins on metro but you wouldn't have to drive it.

    Reagan is still the better option...

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    be: pistachio's Avatar
    be: pistachio is offline
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Let's be honest; Okinawa is not Japan.
    Posts
    3,717

    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Yup!

    However... with the new metro line that just opened.. its a short 15 min taxi from Dulles to metro line and you can take that metro line into the city.. will still take probably 40 mins on metro but you wouldn't have to drive it.

    Reagan is still the better option...
    Nice! I flew out of Dulles in 2009, so it's been a while.
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    Nice! I flew out of Dulles in 2009, so it's been a while.
    HAHAHA.. yeah, the metro line opened up in July.. That line will go all the way to Dulles once its finished.
    But I digress and high jacked the thread..

    Back to topic.. still vote Reagan.. lol

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,068
    #19
    Alright so I just checked Reagan and there are no direct flights I reeeallllyyy don't want a layover because coming from CA, it's going to turn into an all-day event. I have to ask what sort of taxi/bus/metro spending limit we have.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Alright so I just checked Reagan and there are no direct flights I reeeallllyyy don't want a layover because coming from CA, it's going to turn into an all-day event. I have to ask what sort of taxi/bus/metro spending limit we have.
    Yeah.. that's going to be your issue. There are very few (if any) direct flights across coast like that. Find your budget and go from there.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •