Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need friends =( (VA beach)

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

I need friends =( (VA beach)

Advertisements
    So, a little bit about me first. I am 24 years old. I have been attached to my boyfriend for almost 3 years now. I moved to VA Beach about a year ago, leaving all my family and friends to be with him, and his 8 year old son. He is a PO 1st class in the US Navy, and I am a caregiver for intellectually disabled adults. We are both slightly socially awkward. We are quiet in public and are not quick to make friends. That being said we don't have may friends here, and no support system close by. Usually this wouldn't bother me because I have him, and I love him. However the time is coming soon where he wont be here. Deployment is coming faster than I would like.

I am here to find friends, or even just acquaintances. I would like to be able to call someone up and say "Hey I'm bored and lonely wanna go out for a bite?" I am a very understanding person, and I do not judge at all. I do not care what age, sex, or race someone is. Please if your in the same boat as I am don't hesitate to message me.

We all need someone, and when our someone is gone- we need more someones.
  2. Regular Member

Hey! I'm moving out to the area in May because I'll be married to my sailor and done with my semester here in my home state. I'm going to know close to no one so I definitely am in the same situation.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Not in your area- but wanted to send a from one socially awkward person to another! Will his son be staying with you in his absence? Are there any activities or hobbies you enjoy that you might be able to leverage in making some new friends and finding some things to fill your time while he is gone? This might be a good time to explore volunteer opportunities - they offer a great way to meet people who have similar passions, beliefs, etc which is a big step in finding other things you have in common and building those new social circles.
  4. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    not really in the area we are in Fort Belvoir VA. I totally understand how you feel. I moved from Germany to the States to be with my hubsand. Im the same Im really quiet till I know someone. Making friends is just not that easy for me. I agree with the post above volunteering would be one thing to maybe find friends, I started learning spanish.. hugs
  5. Regular Member
    I'm out here too I've actually been in Hampton roads my entire life, and I literally have one friend whom I've known since high school lol. Deployment is coming up next year, so I'm definitely looking to meet some people out here!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

If I was there I would be your friendd!!! I remember moving out here away from my family and friends, it was so rough
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well boo. We're in Va. Bch but only for about 5/6 more weeks. Been here over 4 years. We have boys that are 8 and 6, too. And 2 girls that are 12 and 1. Hopefully you find some people to hang out with, especially with deployment. If you haven't, the command's FRG may be a good place to try.
  8. Robin :)
    Robin :)
    I have 2 kiddos if you don't mind them, but I'd love to make some new friends!
    We Survived Deployment #1 July 2011-Feburary 2012
    We Survived Deployment #2 July 2013-April 2014

I'm the Pink in a household full of Blue
  9. Regular Member

Officially moving to Newport News! DH is signing the papers to our apartment this week
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 13buttonsalute View Post
    Officially moving to Newport News! DH is signing the papers to our apartment this week
    which part of newport news? I lived there my whole life, and still go out there to see my family
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast