Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about Annapolis!

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Tell me about Annapolis!

Advertisements
    So next month I'm planning on taking a business trip to Annapolis for a week or so ... it'll be mostly work but I'll have some leisure time and I'll have a company car so I can go exploring! What are the best attractions to see while I'm there? Also if there's anywhere with awesome food or shopping I'd love to hear it!

Question about traffic - is it really hard to get around there? I'd kind of rather just take cabs but I think the company wants me to use the car they provide.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Great for walking. Lots of little shops. Lot of fun.
    one day you can see most everything there. (The downtown/main part.)
    If you wanted to get into DC, different story. But depends whether you are going to have a whole day free.

As for driving somewhere, lot of places to go all around...have to think for some specifics.
    Oh! The Old Torpedo Factory. Its turned into an artists studio and gallery, I think that's nearby.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh! When are you going to be there?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    I love Annapolis! Agree with the old man about walking a lot downtown. I haven't really seen many cabs in Annapolis - it's actually a pretty small city. There's some great restaurants and cute little shops. I don't remember the names of different places we've been because we normally just choose a place on the spot. Downtown DC is less than an hour drive too.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I"ve already been to DC a few times so I probably wasn't planning on driving over there ... if it's pretty small that's good! I hate big city traffic.

Oh and I'm looking at late Nov/early Dec for when I'll be there.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I"ve already been to DC a few times so I probably wasn't planning on driving over there ... if it's pretty small that's good! I hate big city traffic.

Oh and I'm looking at late Nov/early Dec for when I'll be there.
    Let us know when! We'll have lunch.
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Let us know when! We'll have lunch.
    Yay! I don't think corporate's booked my travel yet but I will definitely get in touch when I find out!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Everything to see is in the downtown area. It's easy to drive around and parking shouldn't be too bad in November. The Naval Academy is downtown too and it's pretty to walk around the yard (although it might be too cold to enjoy, depending on when you go in November). Have fun!
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

So what's up with all the chickens here? I think they're cute, it reminds me of when Chicago had all the cow statues. They'll make good landmarks!

There's a pilot-chicken right outside my hotel.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    So what's up with all the chickens here? I think they're cute, it reminds me of when Chicago had all the cow statues. They'll make good landmarks!

There's a pilot-chicken right outside my hotel.

Fair or fowl, Annapolis chicken sculptures have people clucking - Annapolis - Capital Gazette Communications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast