Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Newport News Va?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Newport News Va?

Advertisements
    Ok so Dh has orders to Newport News and I was wondering about the area and traffic. Anybody know the area? I was thinking of maybe living in Yorktown since the schools there are rated so good.
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Yes Yorktown will be the best place you can live in that area for school (Went to all York county schools )
    Traffics a bitch, but that's really the on,y down side. We just put in orders for Langley afb and were denied. So gutted about it still. Love it there.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    We live on Fort Monroe in Hampton. Its a city over from Newport News. I dont care too much for Newport news, areas arent the greatest. Yorktown is nice, farther than i would like to drive though. Welcome!
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We live in Newport News there are good and bad areas everywhere you go But yes York County schools are better although I really really love our neighborhoodand school
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If you have kids and your husband doesn't mind a 15-20 minute drive, Williamsburg is a beautiful place to live. I went to school there for four years, worked there another two and DH was stationed at Langley. I loved Williamsburg and wouldn't mind moving there after DH retires. The schools are great and there's a lot to do, especially with a family.