Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Headed to Little Creek/Va Beach in Oct

1. Senior Member

Hello Headed to Little Creek/Va Beach in Oct

Advertisements
    Hola Va Beach ladies!

We just got our orders to Naval Amphibous Base Little Creek.

Whats that area like? I grew up in SW Va (Roanoke) but have never been to the east coast of the state.

I'm bummed to be leaving the warmth and familiarity of Florida, but thats Navy life and I'm excited to start a new adventure in a new place
  2. Senior Member
    and we're stationed at nob in Norfolk.

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  3. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Welcome! I'm no longer active but I work on NOB Norfolk still as a civilian.

When will you be up this way? If you'll be here in time for summer you can enjoy the ocean front in Virginia Beach...that's always exciting the first few years.

4. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    DH is stationed in Little Creek as well
    His ship however, is in the yards right now
    Distance Divas

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We're in Va. Bch. DH is in a squadron at Oceana. In August we'll have been here for 4 years. We're trying to get orders out of here. We're even selling our house so we can jump on any possibility. The area is nice. Tons of stuff to do. Nice weather. Personally, I like Jacksonville, FL. weather better but it still hardly snows. And the beach is close by. We're just ready to go somewhere not on the east coast.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy White Girl View Post
    Welcome! I'm no longer active but I work on NOB Norfolk still as a civilian.

When will you be up this way? If you'll be here in time for summer you can enjoy the ocean front in Virginia Beach...that's always exciting the first few years.
    We'll be there in October. He detaches from Sasebo in Sept and will come back to Jax, Fl to help me move out of our house and then we'll go up to Va Beach together.. I am going to enjoy my last summer in Jax and live it up! I've made so many wonderful friends and connections down here over the past 5 years, and its going to be so difficult leaving them.. But I've heard many good things about VA Beach so I'm trying to stay optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    We're in Va. Bch. DH is in a squadron at Oceana. In August we'll have been here for 4 years. We're trying to get orders out of here. We're even selling our house so we can jump on any possibility. The area is nice. Tons of stuff to do. Nice weather. Personally, I like Jacksonville, FL. weather better but it still hardly snows. And the beach is close by. We're just ready to go somewhere not on the east coast.
    I'm glad to hear there is stuff to do.. I left my hometown because it was so small, and there was nothing to do. Jax weather is definitely better, but its only for a couple years, so I'll suck it up and deal with the cold. lol I just love riding motorcycles, and its no fun in the cold. The weather down here is perfect for almost year-round riding. for you that ya'll can get out of there soon and go to a fun new place!
  7. Regular Member
    DH is stationed at Little Creek. We love it here, especially since we previously lived 3-4 hours to the closest beach. So far I've seen is it rains a lot up here. The summers are humid but tolerable. If you have any dogs, there are two great dog parks here for a small annual fee. There is a beach on little creek, Ansio I believe it's called it is on the bay though. There is a big state park, First state Landing with tons of bike paths. We live right near Mt Trashmore, which is another great place to, especially since they're repaving the bike/walking paths.
  8. Senior Member
    HI! we are stationed on Norfolk, but my DH is in the yards. We live on Fort Monroe. Thats in Hampton. Welcome!
  9. Robin :)
    Robin :)
    I'm in Norfolk!
    We Survived Deployment #1 July 2011-Feburary 2012
    We Survived Deployment #2 July 2013-April 2014

I'm the Pink in a household full of Blue
  10. I have died everyday waiting for you
    I have died everyday waiting for you
    I'll be up there shortly after yall! And coming from Florida as well! DB is heading up in September, I'll head up after classes in December if all goes according to plan. I'm already in full relocation panic mode, not knowing anyone, finding a job, etc. So I would love to get to know some people before we head up! I'm Amberliegh, btw

RIP Daniel Jay Hedrick 01/07/1988 ~ 03/03/2011
    Loving my wifey, Nina. 12-5-2008