Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about West Virginia

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Tell me about West Virginia

Advertisements
    Not sure if anyone remembers, but I had an offer from work to relocate to Mesa, Arizona. I ended up turning it down (sorry Trina!), and now they're offering me another relocation package to go to Huntington, WV.

I looked it up and apparently it's a college town. Crime rate seems a bit high but maybe that's partly because of it being a college town and it's pretty comparable with Killeen so eh. It'll be nice having four seasons again though.

Anyway tell me all about it! Likes, dislikes, etc? Would hurricane season have any affect that far inland? I've never lived anywhere that's really affected by hurricanes before.
  2. Senior Member
    I live in Ohio, but we get similar weather as WV. The only effects we get from hurricanes is increased rain/wind after it has moved onshore and decreased in strength. We usually just get 2 days of rain from the system passing through. Nothing like hurricanes on the coast.
  3. Free!
    Free!
    I drive through WV often going to Virginia and it's a really beautiful area. It's pretty mountainous and snowstorms are probably the biggest thing that you will have to worry about weather-wise.
  4. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    My friend goes to the college there (Marshall) and all I know is that he gets some snow. He seems to love it; it looks beautiful from his pictures

5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I went to WV once lol. That was enough.

I can't imagine the crime would be worse than Killeen.

6. Senior Member
    I have family that lives in Morgantown LOVE it there! Such a beautiful state.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Not sure if anyone remembers, but I had an offer from work to relocate to Mesa, Arizona. I ended up turning it down (sorry Trina!), and now they're offering me another relocation package to go to Huntington, WV.

I looked it up and apparently it's a college town. Crime rate seems a bit high but maybe that's partly because of it being a college town and it's pretty comparable with Killeen so eh. It'll be nice having four seasons again though.

Anyway tell me all about it! Likes, dislikes, etc? Would hurricane season have any affect that far inland? I've never lived anywhere that's really affected by hurricanes before.
    I've lived in Huntington, WV all my life. I can and will give you the low down when I get DH off the laptop. It's too hard to type it all out on my phone.
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

The mountains are pretty but Arizona is waaaaaaaaay cooler (in a non-literal way)
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Parts are nice and beautiful and close to big cities, and other parts are cliche low literacy, and as seen on "moon shiners" and some are both. I love Charlottesville, WV.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i lived there when i was little...idk if you have kids but if you do be careful with babysitters and day cares, my mom told me horror stories. She said its the one place the Marines sent us that she couldnt wait to leave. O and we were in Fairmount and Charleston.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast