Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Newport News/Norfolk

1. Regular Member

Newport News/Norfolk

Advertisements
    DH will be at Fort Eustis for tech school until April. He doesn't want to be apart for that long so we'll be coming up after Christmas. Would like to get up with people in the area since I know I'll go crazy waiting for the weekends when he can go off base, unless I get some social interaction.

Does anyone know of some *nice* extended stay places or any other furnished, all inclusive places designed for long, albeit temporary, stays? Also, any areas I should try to avoid?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Norfolk puts you on the opposite side of the tunnel so I wouldn't suggest it. Stick with Newport News, Yorktown, Hampton, and Williamsburg.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    Norfolk puts you on the opposite side of the tunnel so I wouldn't suggest it. Stick with Newport News, Yorktown, Hampton, and Williamsburg.
    Aahhh! Your sig is the best!! XD Thanks for the tip!
  4. Moderator

Yeah, I'd stay on that side of the water.

There are some nice places up in the Yorktown, Newport News, even as far as Williamsburg area. My rule of thumb for Newport News is to make sure you stay off of the numbered streets, which are the east end of Newport News.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by omg_dbl_rnbw View Post
    Aahhh! Your sig is the best!! XD Thanks for the tip!
    Thanks! I went to college in Williamsburg and live in Hampton now. I'd suggest Oyster Point and Kiln Creek in Newport News, there are probably soe other areas but i can't think of them off of the top of my head. I live in Hampton now and I wouldn't suggest it. Yorktown and Williamsburg are great though.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Yeah, I'd stay on that side of the water.

There are some nice places up in the Yorktown, Newport News, even as far as Williamsburg area. My rule of thumb for Newport News is to make sure you stay off of the numbered streets, which are the east end of Newport News.
    Yeah, that's how it is here as well (Pensacola). Numbers and letters anyway. So that will be easy to remember. Thanks!