Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Big VA

1. New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!

Big VA

Advertisements
    I moved to Chesapeake, Virginia recently and what a culture shock. I was from a hick town that had three red lights, two schools and a store. For anyone about to move here be really careful getting an apartment because it is so so so expensive. We really didn't have time to look around and now we pay $900-ish a month for rent and no utilities included. Most of one of my hubbies paychecks. Love to all Military Wives out there !
  2. mamaoftwins+1
    we are moving out there next month not sure where we are gonna live though
  3. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    I am from Chesapeake so what part are you in?
  4. New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    I'll send you a message
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-05-2005 at 09:06 PM.
  5. stacy
    I just got into VA about a week ago so I feel your pain. After leaving Hawaii we stayed with my parents until my dh got here and when we got here we were in shock too. We were lucky enough to get base housing but we did look off base before we found out for sure we were getting on base and it is CRAZY around here. I know what you mean about a big place....I'm totally lost too
  6. Bubblesgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffproudnavywife
    I moved to Chesapeake, Virginia recently and what a culture shock. I was from a hick town that had three red lights, two schools and a store. For anyone about to move here be really careful getting an apartment because it is so so so expensive. We really didn't have time to look around and now we pay $900-ish a month for rent and no utilities included. Most of one of my hubbies paychecks. Love to all Military Wives out there !

You sound like me. I am from a small town in TN and will be moving there in the summer. I have never lived anywhere else. My hubby is from NJ so many he won't have culture shock but I know I am from what I have heard. How much does a 3 bedroom in most areas cost? I am seriously thinking about base housing.
  7. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    wow, its hard to believe that I LOVE this area, but i think its b/c i was raised close by(across the state line heading to Nags Head) I have to admit it can pluck my nerves at times being here.
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  8. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblesgirl
    You sound like me. I am from a small town in TN and will be moving there in the summer. I have never lived anywhere else. My hubby is from NJ so many he won't have culture shock but I know I am from what I have heard. How much does a 3 bedroom in most areas cost? I am seriously thinking about base housing.
    I know db use to have a 2 bed 2 bath and personal parking 3 miles from the ocean front and he only paid 650 a month. I think its just harder to find nice places around here b/c they go so fast, but i promise they are out there.
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet