Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Norfolk/Little Creek VA ladies!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries

Hello Looking for Norfolk/Little Creek VA ladies!

Advertisements
    My fiance is moving to Little Creek VA in about 30-45 days and since we will be married by then, I'm looking to find some friends! I'm going to be boarding my 19y/o Quarter Horse "Pistol" and my 8 y/o TB/Arabian/TWH cross "Shadow" at the Oceana Stables and would LOVE to know if anyone on the forum boards their horses there and would like a riding buddy!

Even if you don't have horses or ride, I'd love to make some new friends in the area since I don't have any friends or family already in the area!

We are still considering getting an apartment off base too, any suggestions on apartments (and possibly a really good mexican restraunt? lol)?
  2. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    hello!
    My husband is stationed in little creek, we live off base in Virginia Beach.
    I don't ride, nor do I have horses, but if you need someone to ride with, i'll og with you! i love riding horses!
    Distance Divas

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries
    How awesome! We plan on living off base as well, we are apartment shopping as we speak! Know of any good ones with reasonable prices? My QH would be perfect for you, he's done beginners lessons and he is a real sweetheart! We will have to meet up sometime!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I live across the water in Yorktown but have lived in the area my whole life.

PLAZA AZTECA!!! some people say its not authentic but its the only place my Mexican uncle and his family eat

5. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by submariners_love View Post
    How awesome! We plan on living off base as well, we are apartment shopping as we speak! Know of any good ones with reasonable prices? My QH would be perfect for you, he's done beginners lessons and he is a real sweetheart! We will have to meet up sometime!
    Umm....our apartment complex are a bit pricey...but we think it's worth it, since we have a gated community, a gym, and a pool, and we love our place (walk in closet!!!)
    my friends live in Willow Lake Apartments, i love their place!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMySailor1007 View Post
    I live across the water in Yorktown but have lived in the area my whole life.

PLAZA AZTECA!!! some people say its not authentic but its the only place my Mexican uncle and his family eat
    I don't like Plaza azteca, (i am mexican) i LOVE their drinks though, my mexican friends and I go to Las Palmas,
    Distance Divas

6. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Always together no matter the distance <3.
    I live in hampton. But grew up in norfolk and virginia beach. born and raised in Hampton Roads. I don't know little creek too well. But when i lived in virginia beach my mom and I loved to go to Ensenada on virginia beach blvd.

7. Regular Member
    Hello!

My boyfriend is stationed in Little Creek. We live in Waterford apartments. They are right across the street from the base and are definitely one of the nicest complexes in the area. I would definitely recommend them. I just joined him there in June, so I'm new also. We should get together when you get there!

There is a mexican place right down the road that we love. I just can't think of the name right now, I'll get back to you with that!
  8. Senior Member
    ! my husband is stationed in Little Creek. We live in Mariners Cove apartments and we haven't had any problems at all, I love my apartment and the community, a lot of military and their spouses live in our apartment complex and it was easy for me to make some friends when I moved down to va beach. i do not ride horses, but i would love to try it out! lol. & it would be nice to make a new friend
    just keep swimming
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Wow it's so nice to know that I am going to get to meet alot of new people and hopefully make a lot of new friends! Thanks for all the apartment recommendations.....I'm jumping on it now as we speak!

I wasn't necessarily talking about an authentic restraunt....I'm used to the "tex-mex" world LOL. But I must say I get serious cravings for salsa and chips so it is a must have at our new place!!

Guess I'm gonna be one busy girl getting to know the place and all of you!

Oh.....is there a mall near by....or atleast a good place to go shopping?
  10. Regular Member
    Haha the first thing I did when I moved here was find out where all of the malls were! I frequent Lynnhaven and MacArthur. They're not too far (15-20 mins), and worth the drive for some of the stores. There's pretty much every other store you could want within a 15 minute drive of the Little Creek base.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast