Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Roads Apartments...Recommendations? Anyone?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Confused Hampton Roads Apartments...Recommendations? Anyone?

Advertisements
    Although I've been looking for months now I still cant seem to find what I'm looking for: My husband is currently deployed (Europe/Africa) and of course I'm responsible for finding a place for us to live in VA when he returns in December 2012. We are newly married and I've never lived in VA before so I don't have a clue as to where to begin. We are looking for affordable but SAFE neighborhoods that are no more than 25-35 minute commute to the Amphibious Naval base in VA Beach.

Does anyone live in or can recommend apartments in the Hampton Roads area? Of course I will do my research on the place to make sure it is a good fit for us but I'm trying to get some idea as to what areas I should shy away from, Are not safe, etc...

Thanks in advance!
  2. Regular Member
    We live right across the street from the Amphibious base in Waterford apartments. It's a gated complex with a gym and pool. They do not allow pets. The apartments aren't huge but they're new with beautiful kitchens and a very quiet and SAFE neighborhood.
  3. Senior Member
    we live in in mariners cove apartments and we are right up the road from the amphibious base. i love my apartment and my husband is currently deployed right now also, wonder if they are together? sounds like all the same info i have on my husbands deployment lol
    just keep swimming
  4. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephaa2430 View Post
    we live in in mariners cove apartments and we are right up the road from the amphibious base. i love my apartment and my husband is currently deployed right now also, wonder if they are together? sounds like all the same info i have on my husbands deployment lol
    our husbands may be together!
    Distance Divas

5. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    well i know OUR husbands are together, i was wondering about the OP's husband
    Distance Divas

6. Senior Member
    DB got a detailed list from Housing when we were looking for an apartment. I recommend speaking with them. They were very helpful and we found a great apartment!

"I love you gorgeous and I'm so happy you are mine."
    Our Day Has Come
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His Special One View Post
    well i know OUR husbands are together, i was wondering about the OP's husband
    I know what you meant!
    just keep swimming
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewlaura View Post
    DB got a detailed list from Housing when we were looking for an apartment. I recommend speaking with them. They were very helpful and we found a great apartment!
    same here, we picked our apartment fromt that list lol. We just went through it and visited most of them. But I agree the housing department was extremely helpful .
    just keep swimming
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tam0214 View Post
    We live right across the street from the Amphibious base in Waterford apartments. It's a gated complex with a gym and pool. They do not allow pets. The apartments aren't huge but they're new with beautiful kitchens and a very quiet and SAFE neighborhood.
    Thank you so much! I love new places! We don't need "huge" It's just the two of us. Idk why I'm just seeing this...*Guess I'm still getting the hang of everything (Newbie)* Haha! Thanks though...You've been very helpful! Gonna go look at them now.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Awww, how awesome! Maybe they are together!!! Thank you so much for responding! Definitely gonna look at those. Sorry for the late response, I'm still getting the hang of these threads...they don't appear in my notifications, so I had no clue people responded. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast