Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VA Beach Ladies!! I've got questions!!

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

VA Beach Ladies!! I've got questions!!

Advertisements
    I can't get my mind off of the fact that tomorrow I MIGHT be accepted to grad school in Virginia Beach. If that does in fact happen, I DO plan on accepting and moving NEXT WEEK! It's so sudden. (I kind of put this last minute on myself by procrastination, but let's not talk about that. )

Here is my first and number one question for you all: Would anyone be willing to let me stay at their place for a few days if in the next week I can't find a place to live??? I do NOT have funds for a hotel, so I'm just genuinely curious if someone is able and willing to do that.

Secondly, anyone have advice on where to live? The on campus housing is full. I really have no furniture except my bed-which at this point I will be flying, so I can't really bring that with me. Finding a roommate(s) in a furnished place would be best, but that scares me. People I don't know? I'll definitely be calling the church over there for their assistance if I do get in.

Third-What are your favorite things about VA Beach? Maybe I don't want to know it's awesomeness because if I get rejected I'll be super bummed. Ignorance sometimes really is bliss. haha

Thanks so much for all your help, ladies!
  2. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

1. I rent out a room from a friend so I can't offer up my place. sorry.
    2. Where is the school located at in VA BCH? I can look up some cheap/decent apartments in the area.
    3. The beach (it's not Cali, but it's still nice). Mt Trashmore is a park that was converted from well....trash. Many many years ago. It's a nice park with a walking trail around the lake.

3. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatie View Post
    1. I rent out a room from a friend so I can't offer up my place. sorry.
    2. Where is the school located at in VA BCH? I can look up some cheap/decent apartments in the area.
    3. The beach (it's not Cali, but it's still nice). Mt Trashmore is a park that was converted from well....trash. Many many years ago. It's a nice park with a walking trail around the lake.
    (to continue with your stylization )
    1. That's ok! but we should hang out if I get out there!
    2. Regent University
    3. I've never been to Cali, so I wouldn't know what to compare it to! Anything other than cold-windy-rocky-wearing a hoodie-washington beaches I'm sure is great!!
  4. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfoy View Post
    I can't get my mind off of the fact that tomorrow I MIGHT be accepted to grad school in Virginia Beach. If that does in fact happen, I DO plan on accepting and moving NEXT WEEK! It's so sudden. (I kind of put this last minute on myself by procrastination, but let's not talk about that. )

Here is my first and number one question for you all: Would anyone be willing to let me stay at their place for a few days if in the next week I can't find a place to live??? I do NOT have funds for a hotel, so I'm just genuinely curious if someone is able and willing to do that.

Secondly, anyone have advice on where to live? The on campus housing is full. I really have no furniture except my bed-which at this point I will be flying, so I can't really bring that with me. Finding a roommate(s) in a furnished place would be best, but that scares me. People I don't know? I'll definitely be calling the church over there for their assistance if I do get in.

Third-What are your favorite things about VA Beach? Maybe I don't want to know it's awesomeness because if I get rejected I'll be super bummed. Ignorance sometimes really is bliss. haha

Thanks so much for all your help, ladies!
    1. I only have a 2 bedroom apartment, sorry! I dont have an extra room, and i definitely don't think you'll be comfortable on my couch,
    2. the willow lake apartments are nice, and not that expensive.
    3. I like VA Beach, it rains a lot, lol, and I love the beach. Everything is so much more expensive here though
    Distance Divas

5. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Sorry, I live way too far away from Va Bch (80 miles).

Here's a website I ran across; Rooms for rent in Virginia Beach

Va Bch offers a lot of versatility. The beaches are great, night life good, decent restaurants, shopping, history....pretty cool place to live.
  6. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    1. I live in a one bedroom with my husband and my sisters coming for a visit on the 18. Unless you wanna sleep on my sectional in my very messy apartment I think I'm out.
    2. Stay away from university gardens, i live there and hate it. The area around here is ok but the service has been horrible. also, regent has an off-campus page Regent University - Student Housing - Off Campus it includes room mate listings, you need a regent id to get in, but there are a lot.
    3. I love the beaches around here and mount trashmore. I also like being so close to historic VA with williamsberg and jamestown tork town ect, and being close to dc.

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  7. Senior Member
    I'm not there but good luck. Are there student apartments off base? I rented a room that included utilities etc and I had my own bathroom and it had furniture in Tampa... Not sure what they have where you're going.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

both msauce Mallory's in the same area code?! look out world!

9. Senior Member
    1.) We just have a one bedroom and a not-so-comfortable couch so I wouldn't be able to accommodate you

2.) I agree with NotThatMonkey on looking at the off campus page

3.) What I like about living here is that there are a lot of things to do (beaches, historical stuff, etc), there are a lot of gals from MSOS so we have get togethers a lot You just have to like hot and humid weather to really enjoy the summers.

I hope you get in! We are always happy when MSOS'rs move here.

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to be a newbie to VA beach area too....we should meet up sometime when you aren't busy with college!

PS: Love your husky's expression....to cute!