Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone stationed NEAR Hampton Roads that...

1. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Is there anyone stationed NEAR Hampton Roads that...

Advertisements
    Lives in North Carolina?? DH and I want a home with land, but he doesn't want to live North of the penninsula in Williamsburg, etc. and he said Suffolk is not worth the time of day. I've always wanted to live in NC, so we decided we'd maybe start looking at homes down there (not near the OBX, FB friends, that was just me dreaming ) but near South Mills, Elizabeth City, Currituck, Moyock... that area. Not more than an hour-ish away from Oceana.

We found several houses, but we aren't physically looking at them until he comes home from cruise, I'm just trying to get a feel for whether the drive is worth it, which area is best, etc. We found an awesome home in South Mills but I know literally NOTHING about it! We don't mind living "far out" from "stuff" but I don't want to wind up buying a home in some horrible city/county and not know it.

I'm sure there won't be anyone who lives in NC who commutes to VB everyday, because we're psycho, but I figure it's worth a shot!
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    pretty sure Jayo does.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    pretty sure Jayo does.

JAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COME HELP MEEE!!!
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    For me personally I wouldn't like that drive. With traffic and all it would be bad.
    My mom makes the drive from yorktown to norfolk and thats bad enough. She's lucky though can work her own hours so leaves before rush hour and leaves work around 3-4 before afternoon rush hour

Though would be nice to have land and be in a nice area, maybe even water front
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

On vacay...will chat with you this evening ok!?

And yes, we live a bit south of E. City..
  6. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    For me personally I wouldn't like that drive. With traffic and all it would be bad.
    My mom makes the drive from yorktown to norfolk and thats bad enough. She's lucky though can work her own hours so leaves before rush hour and leaves work around 3-4 before afternoon rush hour

Though would be nice to have land and be in a nice area, maybe even water front
    The beauty of living with land, and like you said, in some parts possibly waterfront is so almost worth it. Of course, I'm not the one who'd be commuting to VB... because likely I'd teach somewhere in North Carolina. DH is going to make the drive with me several times before we buy down there, though. Luckily, he works nights, and probably always will... so he'd be going in while everyone is coming out, and out while everyone is going in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    On vacay...will chat with you this evening ok!?

And yes, we live a bit south of E. City..
    Alrighty! Thank ya ma'am!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DF used to live in Gates County NC and it took him 45 minutes to get to NOB. all the houses I saw down there seemed to have a lot of land. its only a 10minute drive Suffolk that's where we had to go for dinner because Gates County doesn't have much lol

8. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMySailor1007 View Post
    DF used to live in Gates County NC and it took him 45 minutes to get to NOB. all the houses I saw down there seemed to have a lot of land. its only a 10minute drive Suffolk that's where we had to go for dinner because Gates County doesn't have much lol
    Hmm, not sure where that is, but I'll definitely check it out. 45 minutes isn't a terrible commute, esp. because the houses are so cute! They just seem way bigger, with more land, and definitely not as crowded together.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

yeah I think it pretty much lines up with Suffolk for on the NC line. Camden County would also ne good. a friend of mine lived there and worked in VA not sure how long her commutewas but I know it wasn't terrible

10. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMySailor1007 View Post
    yeah I think it pretty much lines up with Suffolk for on the NC line. Camden County would also ne good. a friend of mine lived there and worked in VA not sure how long her commutewas but I know it wasn't terrible
    Camden is where the house we LOOVE is at. We just are hoping nobody buys it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast