Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about Norfolk/Va beach area

1. Regular Member

Question about Norfolk/Va beach area

Advertisements
    My husband is stationed in Norfolk. Over the summer we have every other week custody of his daughter and plan on trying to be there with him as much as possible. I came up with the idea of camping there on little creeks base as tent sites are $10 a night. We're trying to do this the cheapest way possible as I will not be working half the summer and have bills to pay up in PA for our house. My question is if anyone knows of any campgrounds around that would be about this price ( Little creeks campground is pretty bare and doesn't look like much around) and if you know of any places around this area that have cheap/ free entertainment for an 8 year old? I'm hoping we're going to have some dry weeks when we're camping but if not then I want to have some ideas prepared.

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    First landing state park has a good campground and MILES of trails to bike or hike. Its very close to the beach and also close to the waterpark/motorworld. I'm not sure on prices, but I'm sure theres a website with prices.
  3. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Quote Originally Posted by Whe24 View Post
    First landing state park has a good campground and MILES of trails to bike or hike. Its very close to the beach and also close to the waterpark/motorworld. I'm not sure on prices, but I'm sure theres a website with prices.
    seashore state park
  4. Regular Member
    Awesome! Thanks. I'll have to check out both.