Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone from NJ???

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

anyone from NJ???

Advertisements
    im almost 23 yrs old my bf is in the marines, leaving in march for recruit training and my goal here is to build friendships with other woman who have gone through what im about to go through. family and friends only go so far, i could really use some insight,

i look forward to speaking with you all soon!!!

- meg
  2. C Squared
    C Squared
    I'm in NJ. My name's Courtney. I'm 23 and my DF is in the army. He's currently deployed to Afghanistan. We've been together for about 3 years. We started dating before he went into the army, so we've been through basic training and long distance.

Feel free to PM if you ever want to talk.

" i'm ready to come home. i just wanna get home. i love having you at my disposal" DH
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    i will def do that!!
    how did you cope with being away from him thru BT and how are you coping thru this deployment?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarChick View Post
    I'm in NJ. My name's Courtney. I'm 23 and my DF is in the army. He's currently deployed to Afghanistan. We've been together for about 3 years. We started dating before he went into the army, so we've been through basic training and long distance.

Feel free to PM if you ever want to talk.
  4. Regular Member
    I'm from Sussex County

We have a Jersey girls thread here: Jersey Girls

You might be able to find some people in your area on that thread!
  5. Senior Member
    jersey girl right here. check out the thread i made that jillybean posted
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    AH!!! fantastic im joining it right now nice to meet your ladies

you both should add me on fb
    we cant talk about certain things on this site
    i wouldn't want to break the policy!!
    my link is Megan Nicole | Facebook
  7. Senior Member
  8. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    Hi Meg! I'm not from NJ but I'm in Delaware which is kinda insanely close!
  9. Senior Member
    Union county for me but maybe you saw the other thread
    I currently reside in DC , but I was born and raised in Jersey and spend a lot of time there.
  10. C Squared
    C Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan_Nicole89 View Post
    i will def do that!!
    how did you cope with being away from him thru BT and how are you coping thru this deployment?
    Up until DF went to basic we had only spent about a week apart so we knew that him going to BT was going to be hard on us. He even wanted to break up with me because he didn't want me waiting around for him. He thought if I stayed with him that I wouldn't be happy. We spent days talking about us, if there was a future, what we wanted to happen with our lives as individuals, a lot of that time was also spent crying, both of us. We just got everything out in the open.

We got through BT (4 months) with just letters and very few phone calls. I was really sad when he first left, but once I started getting letters from him it made things easier. We knew if we could make it through that it was a decent step for us as a couple. We knew one day we would be faced with a deployment and BT would feel like nothing compared to a year apart.

After BT, DF was stationed to Fort Lewis in WA and we've basically spent a month and a half together since he moved out there. So for at least half of our relationship we've been LD. We struggled for a while, while he was out in WA. We even split for about a month but we realized it doesn't get any better than what we had.

DF left about 3 months ago for deployment and I'm surprisingly doing well. I'm really busy at work a lot of the time so it keeps my mind occupied and I can't dwell on the fact that he's not around. There are days where all I want to do is just call him up and cry about stupid stuff that's going on here or just to hear his voice, but I know that's not possible. Everything is on his time and that's something that takes some getting used to. But whenever I get to that point, I'll email him and ask him if he gets a chance to call. I've been very fortunate in the sense that DF has his own internet line and can get online just about every day (depending on the weather). Since he's been gone, I've only had 3 really bad days that I cried myself to sleep and desperately needed to hear his voice.

The only thing I can really say is try to keep busy and live your life. I know that's a little easier said then done and its hard to get into a routine without your SO there. But you'll find a rhythm that works for you and one day you'll wake up and realize that you are stronger that you thought you could be. I know I still do that from time to time and DF tells me how proud he is of me at how well I am handling him being gone.

Here's a quote that I came across when DF deployed and has been my mindset this whole time and will continue to be until he and I can be reunited.
    “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.”

" i'm ready to come home. i just wanna get home. i love having you at my disposal" DH
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast