Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anybody live on FT Meade?

1. Senior Member

Anybody live on FT Meade?

Advertisements
    I hesitate to ask since our orders have been so screwy, but this is now looking like the most likely place...I just need school info. BADLY.
  2. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    i dont live on ft. mead but close by. if you check face book groups there are a ton of groups there for ft. meade. ive not heard of anyone being overly pleased with the schools for the base though. good luck.
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by *Roo* View Post
    i dont live on ft. mead but close by. if you check face book groups there are a ton of groups there for ft. meade. ive not heard of anyone being overly pleased with the schools for the base though. good luck.
    Yeah, I've looked online and I am a bit over the school reviews. The school I like isn't accepting transfers.

So what is the town FT Meade is in?
  4. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshockmom View Post
    Yeah, I've looked online and I am a bit over the school reviews. The school I like isn't accepting transfers.

So what is the town FT Meade is in?
    fort meade has its own zip but its not its own city/town but the towns around Meade are. Odenton (i live there. i like DS elem school), Severn and Hanover.

Ive never heard of a school not allowing out of state xfers. unless its a private school. Ive heard the best schools are in Howard county. Its hit or miss for Anne Arundel county (where meade is). Howard county is a little $$$.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by *Roo* View Post
    fort meade has its own zip but its not its own city/town but the towns around Meade are. Odenton (i live there. i like DS elem school), Severn and Hanover.

Ive never heard of a school not allowing out of state xfers. unless its a private school. Ive heard the best schools are in Howard county. Its hit or miss for Anne Arundel county (where meade is). Howard county is a little $$$.
    Not out of state transfers, but non neighborhood school transfers. I'd like her to go to Seven Oaks.
  6. Senior Member
    I live in MD (not on Meade) The best place to enroll your kids around here is anywhere in Howard County (Columbia, Laurel, Ellicott city) I lived in Columbia and I loved! You have pretty much all the restaurants/shopping/stores close by, the area is great! And the schools...amazing! My best friend's daughter goes to a public school in Columbia and my friend just say great things about it!