Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving back to San Diego.. help?

1. Senior Member

Question Moving back to San Diego.. help?

Advertisements
    Once the baby is born. My DH's ship hits port verrry close to my due date, so I will be unable to fly out there, to see him, or look at places to live until after the baby is here. However, I'd like the home to be set up for once I fly out. Any suggestions on apartments, or housing? How do we apply for military housing? We'd like to be within a 20 minute distance from 32nd st.

Thanks in advance!!
  2. Senior Member
    Murphy Canyon (aero, orleck and santo) housing is the biggest area for pet housing. Best thing to do is look at the housing website and see which one you fit into. You'll only qualify for a 2 bedroom if this is your first child, but you could get lucky and get offered a 3 bedroom. Naval Complex San Diego There are other pet housing, but some go by the weight of the dog and rank. The link i posted also has a section on how to apply. I live in Chesterton which is close to Murphy Canyon and for us to drive to 32nd street (to the commissary) it takes 10-15 mins. You can also join the Facebook group Moving House for the Military Spouse | Facebook they have some pictures of some of the housing in San Diego.

As for apartments, others will have to help you with that.

3. Senior Member
    Thank you so much!!!
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I just moved from san diego it is so nice ! So murfy canyon is the first vhoice for most but it wasnt available when we moved so we moved to the villiage of serra mesa and it was very nice i felt completly safe and they have alarm systems and w/d in unit !