Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Groton, CT Apartments?

1. Regular Member

Groton, CT Apartments?

Advertisements
    DB is moving up to Groton SOON and (in true procrastinator fashion) is just now starting to look for apartments, as he will not be living on the base. I'll be joining him as soon as I find a job out there. ()

Right now we're seriously considering the Factory Square Apartments in Mystic. Anybody have any insider information on this place? Or, any other helpful suggestions for moving/living in or around Groton? I appreciate anything you have to offer!

TIA!
    Banned
    Well, the factory square apartments are pretty expensive, tiny, and limited parking. You are looking at $1400-$1800 for a little apartment there.

As for as cost and quality Country Glen apartments in groton is where I would suggest. Their prices are pretty reasonable, and the apartments are pretty nice. The Ledges and La Triumphe are both complexes that I would avoid, as they are ridiculously overpriced.
    Banned
    I forgot to add that I am from CT, and I am currently back in CT, so if you have any questions about the area, I can help you out.
    Banned
    I am going to be ridiculous and post yet again lol. As for finding a place, craigslist is probably the best resource, as well as just driving around locally. He can also live in "Navy" housing, since it is actually BB, and they rent to anyone.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Couldn't say better things about Country Glen! DF lived there for 3 years and had zero issues. The people running the place were very kind and understanding. Good luck!
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    Well, the factory square apartments are pretty expensive, tiny, and limited parking. You are looking at $1400-$1800 for a little apartment there.

As for as cost and quality Country Glen apartments in groton is where I would suggest. Their prices are pretty reasonable, and the apartments are pretty nice. The Ledges and La Triumphe are both complexes that I would avoid, as they are ridiculously overpriced.
    I forgot to add that I am from CT, and I am currently back in CT, so if you have any questions about the area, I can help you out.
    I am going to be ridiculous and post yet again lol. As for finding a place, craigslist is probably the best resource, as well as just driving around locally. He can also live in "Navy" housing, since it is actually BB, and they rent to anyone.
    Thanks for all the tips!!! I have forwarded all this on to DB and he says thank you as well. I'm sure we'll have questions at some point; I appreciate you offering to help!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post
    Couldn't say better things about Country Glen! DF lived there for 3 years and had zero issues. The people running the place were very kind and understanding. Good luck!
    I'm glad you said that because I had been looking at Country Glen before you and Anchored2aSailor suggested them, and I found nothing but bad reviews!! We'll give them a closer look. Thanks!!
  7. The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    Blog Entries
    i agree. I live in CT and I think that is the best way for you to find what you are looking for. Good Luck!