Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virginia beach-uss lincoln: )

1. Regular Member

Virginia beach-uss lincoln: )

Advertisements
    Hey ladies! My dh will be leaving in SOON(days) for deployment in the USS Abe Lincoln. We've been told this will be the last deployment and then it will be docked in Norfolk(new homeport).

I'm just needing friends=] I only know of one couple moving here in December I've just been enjoying time with dh before he leaves and I've been taking online courses so I haven't been places to meet people.

I'm 19(20 next month) and a full time student(on campus). I'm going home for decemeber to spend the holidays with our families, but when I get back I'll be going to school and planning to work part-time. I'm taking chemistry and a&p so those classes are making me nervous! I enjoy the beach and being active. I'd really like to do yoga or zumba classes(if time allows) or atleast go to the gym. I'd just really like to stay busy and be with people who understand what military families go through.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm in Norfolk right now with my DF.

and keep in mind OPSEC when posting. Not saying you violated it, just make sure you remember.
  3. Regular Member
    oh yea=]]] nice to meet you!
    when are you and your df planning to marry? how long have yall been here?

i was trying not to. I saw someone else post the ship name, so i didnt think that was a problem, just didnt post the exact date. I'll keep it in mind=]
  4. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Hey my DH deploys with the Lincoln!! He's with a squadron out of Oceana but they deploy ON the Lincoln. I'll be moving here soon!! I'm in VA to visit right now before they leave!
  5. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    I asked DH and he thinks ya'll are stationed at the same squad as us! He said they're the only ones going out with the Lincoln from Oceana... are you going to the potluck tonight?!?!!
  6. Regular Member
    It sounds like yall are=] When are you moving here? I was planning on it, but dh is in a TERRIBLE(he's sick) mood and is working nights so he said he was hoping to just show up, then leave and then go back to work tonight, so he wouldn't be going there to stay and eat.
  7. Regular Member
    I'm in Virginia beach as well
  8. Senior Member
    I livein WA where the Lincolnis currently ported. Alot of my friends have husbands on the Lincoln. From what I understand the Lincoln will be in dry dock for 4 yrs getting a complete overhaul.
  9. Senior Member
    Welcome to the neighborhood!! I just moved here a few months ago and DB is currently out to sea so I am looking for new people to hang with as well. Have you already found a place to live?

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  10. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by navywife_0806 View Post
    It sounds like yall are=] When are you moving here? I was planning on it, but dh is in a TERRIBLE(he's sick) mood and is working nights so he said he was hoping to just show up, then leave and then go back to work tonight, so he wouldn't be going there to stay and eat.
    It was soo nice to meet you!! I tried to find you after so I could give you my number but I didn't see ya'll!! If I can figure out how to PM you (the little link isn't showing up) then I'll send you my number and we can get together whenever I come up to VA!! I think we're gonna look at ya'lls apartment complex since we still don't know where we're wanting to live Haha!! But yeah, I'm lookin' at maybe March moving up here. As long as I find a job!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast