Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Va Beach Ladies...

1. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.

Va Beach Ladies...

Advertisements
    Does anyone know what rules apply to taking dogs on the beach? I know during the summer you can't take them until after 6, but I was wondering about the off season if they were allowed to be taken at any time. Thanks
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  2. Senior Member
    I found this...

Can I take my pet on the sand beaches or any adjacent areas?
    City code 6-5. This is allowed during certain times of the year and under certain restrictions. During the "season," which is defined as the time period from 6:00 p.m. on the Friday before Memorial day through 6:00 p.m. Labor Day of each year, NO pets are allowed on the public beaches, the boardwalk or the grassy area west of the boardwalk between Rudee Inlet and 42nd Street. This restriction also covers any pet, other than a dog or cat, unless the animal is in an escape-proof container. This includes, but is not limited to, any mammal, bird, or reptile.

During this same period, pets are not allowed on any other public sand beaches except before 10:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m. It is unlawful to allow any pet to defecate on any public sand beach or litter the boardwalk or grassy area west of the boardwalk. In the event a pet defecates on the sand beach, the owner or custodian must remove the material defecated and dispose of it in an airtight container or wrapper and place same in a garbage receptacle.

Additionally, during the times pets are permitted on the beaches, the owner or custodian must carry a container of sufficient size and adequate design to remove and dispose of all feces deposited by the animal.
    http://www.vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?vgnext...extfmt=default

Ask Me About IH!