Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Virginia gals in housing...

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Virginia gals in housing...

Advertisements
    Were you all able to request which housing area you wanted to be placed in? I'm doing some research and there are just some housing areas I'd rather not be put in...
  2. Senior Member
    I'm not in housing but we looked into it and yes you can request a certain area as long as you are willing to wait for it.

Ask Me About IH!
  3. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I am at Yorktown Weapons Station and DH works in Norfolk. I am from the area and was aware of the commute but requested this anyway. My kids go to a far better school(Williamsburg) and it's close but not to close to my family. LOL Since I know more about Hampton Roads I knew I did not want to live in Norfolk. We lived in Va Beach before but just got way to crowded. I am happy with the choice. as I said the area is much better for the kids. Their is always stuff going on. Lots of fun historical stuff. My only problem is that my house is to small for me. But it will do. I think it's worth it in the long run.
  4. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    Victoria I am from that area and there is NO way I would ever live in Norfolk. Since your Husband is going to ODU I would look into living in Chesapeake over near Suffolk and Suffolk near Chesapeake then your husband can take the midtown tunnel to ODU. There is a Commissary over in portsmouth and the Naval Hospital is also over there so you really never have to go over to the big base unless you want to. If you need to know anything else I will try and help as much as I can just IM me if you want.
  5. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I 100% agree stay away from Norfolk. I am from Deep Creek in Chesapeake. suffolk and chesapeake have some nice areas.
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Victoria I am from that area and there is NO way I would ever live in Norfolk. Since your Husband is going to ODU I would look into living in Chesapeake over near Suffolk and Suffolk near Chesapeake then your husband can take the midtown tunnel to ODU. There is a Commissary over in portsmouth and the Naval Hospital is also over there so you really never have to go over to the big base unless you want to. If you need to know anything else I will try and help as much as I can just IM me if you want.
    Hey Angie! Is the midtown tunnel the only way from that side to ODU? I'm kinda worried if it is and accidents might occur in it. Ya know hear about accidents happing in the H-3, Pali Hwy and Likelike Hyw tunnels. That would suck!!!!!
    Anywho thank you all for the advice and suggestions. It has definitely helped into what area we should stay away from.