Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Campbell Ladies!

1. Senior Member

Hello Fort Campbell Ladies!

Advertisements
    Since the Ft Campbell Wives Club seems to have dissappeared from my facebook , I thought I'd ask you guys! Anyone know of any good salons close to post? I live in Oak Grove and don't want to make the drive too far into Clarksville if I don't have to. I need to get my nails done (my acyrilics got trashed during our move and my hands are driving me crazy!) my eyebrows done (threaded preferrably) and my hair trimmed. Any suggestions? Anyone wanna join me? TIA!
  2. Senior Member
    I can't help ya really, I personally have no experience close to post, but have not heard good things. And quite frankly, am too scared to let most of those places touch my head. I have heard lots of good things about most salons down on Madison street. I've been to the Lyndon Spa once (I think that's the name) it was back in Jan when I was visiting DH.

When I got my hair done this last time, I couldn't remember the name of it so I went to one in the strip mall attached to the WalMart off exit 11. When I saw where it was, I was hesitant to go in, but I thought I'd give it a shot.....BAD idea! I can't remember the name of it-it sounds like a nice salon but I'm not the only one who has had bad experiences there.

I'm getting my hair done this week at Appearances on Needmore Rd (between exit 1 and exit 4). I've heard good things about it and it's closer to my house than the salons on Madison Street. I'll let you know what I think.

I'm also one of those people who would rather pay more and know it will look good than taking a chance. Appearances is supposed to be better priced than some of the other salons but I'm willing to risk it because of the recommendations but we will see.

Sorry this is so long.
    misskrissyo is my partner in crime Fifi is my lover

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukygirl View Post
    I can't help ya really, I personally have no experience close to post, but have not heard good things. And quite frankly, am too scared to let most of those places touch my head. I have heard lots of good things about most salons down on Madison street. I've been to the Lyndon Spa once (I think that's the name) it was back in Jan when I was visiting DH.

When I got my hair done this last time, I couldn't remember the name of it so I went to one in the strip mall attached to the WalMart off exit 11. When I saw where it was, I was hesitant to go in, but I thought I'd give it a shot.....BAD idea! I can't remember the name of it-it sounds like a nice salon but I'm not the only one who has had bad experiences there.

I'm getting my hair done this week at Appearances on Needmore Rd (between exit 1 and exit 4). I've heard good things about it and it's closer to my house than the salons on Madison Street. I'll let you know what I think.

I'm also one of those people who would rather pay more and know it will look good than taking a chance. Appearances is supposed to be better priced than some of the other salons but I'm willing to risk it because of the recommendations but we will see.

Sorry this is so long.

I 100% will pay more for somewhere reliable! When I posted this, I had just gotten back from driving to the Big Lots in Clarksville () and it felt like it took forever. Just looking at the places along Fort Campbell Blvd, there is no way I would go to any of them! Let me know how your hair turns out! I will drive somewhere if I have to, I just want to find something as close as possible since I will have to go there every two weeks for my nails. But if I have to drive I will, I am SUPER picky about my nails. The place I went to at home was about $10 more than most places, but the lady was awesome.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If I could be there I would!
    Obstacles are put in our way to see if we can overcome them
    Awwsnails wife
    Solstice- Words to live by: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.". Abraham Lincoln
  5. Senior Member
    Lyndon's on Madison is decent, but if you're not looking to go very far into Clarksville it's not for you I guess. I think it'd be worth the drive.

I used to go to Appearances! The stylist I used to go to quit and then I couldn't find anyone else there that I really liked. Their prices are okay.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AG815 View Post
    Lyndon's on Madison is decent, but if you're not looking to go very far into Clarksville it's not for you I guess. I think it'd be worth the drive.

I used to go to Appearances! The stylist I used to go to quit and then I couldn't find anyone else there that I really liked. Their prices are okay.
    Do they do nails there too? I'll go if its worth the drive. I'm not finding anything around here.
  7. Senior Member
    I don't think there's any really good places in Oak Grove or even really on Ft. Campbell Blvd.

Appearances sometimes does nails. When I went there regularly they were having trouble keeping a nail tech, but that's been about 6 months ago. I don't know if they have one now.
  8. Senior Member
    I saw Judy at Appearances and OMG! LOVEEEEE!!!!!! I got highlights and a cut for $85. Idk know about nails though.
    misskrissyo is my partner in crime Fifi is my lover

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukygirl View Post
    I saw Judy at Appearances and OMG! LOVEEEEE!!!!!! I got highlights and a cut for $85. Idk know about nails though.
    I got all excited when I saw your hair thread! At least now I know where I can go for hair! It looks really cute!