Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Another ? about Fort Campbell

1. Senior Member

Another ? about Fort Campbell

Advertisements
    Hi ladies...
    So DH and I relocate to fort Campbell in less than 3 weeks! The wait list for on post housing ended up being really long, so now we are looking off post. We need to find a place that will allow our 65lb dog. I posted a thread over a month ago asking for general information about the post and several of you warned against the Oak Grove area. A friend's parents told us that the apartments in oak grove were icky, but I'm wondering about houses in residential areas. From what we've found so far, the single family housing neighborhoods look nicer in oak grove. So if anyone has any experience in either Clarksville or Oak Grove, what is your opinion and most importantly, why?? thanks so much for your help everyone!
  2. If you want to be loved, be lovable.
    If you want to be loved, be lovable.
    We live in clarksville. We like the tennessee side better, just bc it seems nicer to us. Less run down I guess you could say. We have a friend that lives in oak grove though, and her neighborhood is nice, it just depends on the area of oak grove, and the area of clarksville. Neither of them are super awesome in my opinion, but we like the tn side better.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJ View Post
    Hi ladies...
    So DH and I relocate to fort Campbell in less than 3 weeks! The wait list for on post housing ended up being really long, so now we are looking off post. We need to find a place that will allow our 65lb dog. I posted a thread over a month ago asking for general information about the post and several of you warned against the Oak Grove area. A friend's parents told us that the apartments in oak grove were icky, but I'm wondering about houses in residential areas. From what we've found so far, the single family housing neighborhoods look nicer in oak grove. So if anyone has any experience in either Clarksville or Oak Grove, what is your opinion and most importantly, why?? thanks so much for your help everyone!
    Hey Kimberly, you know I'll be joining you in about 6 weeks. I've been checking out Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN.com) v7.0 as there are tons of houses in the Clarksville area and the houses they have on that site are all over. We called about the waiting list for Ft.Campbell too and were told 5-7 months. DH has yet to get in all of the paperwork. Anyway, hope that site helps you out if you didn't know about it already
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armygf1985 View Post
    Hey Kimberly, you know I'll be joining you in about 6 weeks. I've been checking out Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN.com) v7.0 as there are tons of houses in the Clarksville area and the houses they have on that site are all over. We called about the waiting list for Ft.Campbell too and were told 5-7 months. DH has yet to get in all of the paperwork. Anyway, hope that site helps you out if you didn't know about it already
    Thanks! Yeah, I did look at AHRN... we'll probably look at some of the houses from their site once we get there. We were also told 5-7 months and I still plan to get on the wait list so I'm trying to find a place where we wont get trapped in a lease. We leave our current duty station in 2 weeks and still don't have our orders Anyways, keep in touch! We should plan a get together when you and your DH arrive.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I am new to fort campbell (2 weeks) my husband has been here for over a year. We are on the Clarksville side and really like it. We found our house through the AHRN website. There are several houses in our neighborhood for rent. We live off of Exit 4 and love it. We are close to I24 which can take you to post in about 15 min and we are close to several schools and the main streets here.
  6. Senior Member
    Everything I've been looking at for you has a year lease. I'm gonna pm you some info about a cute house I found though! Only problem is it's already available and they get snatched up quick! I just have to drive back by it and get the phone number because I forgot to write it down.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    Everything I've been looking at for you has a year lease. I'm gonna pm you some info about a cute house I found though! Only problem is it's already available and they get snatched up quick! I just have to drive back by it and get the phone number because I forgot to write it down.
    Thanks Maegen! I really appreciate all your help I have a question about ASK for you. When we log in on his ako, it just says fort campbell and our report date but its not actual orders. Is that what you meant or are the actual orders supposed to show up there?
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJ View Post
    Thanks Maegen! I really appreciate all your help I have a question about ASK for you. When we log in on his ako, it just says fort campbell and our report date but its not actual orders. Is that what you meant or are the actual orders supposed to show up there?
    As far as I know, those are just the web orders and he will get his hard copy orders from someone in his command. But at least they're still showing on ASK! When DH's dates got changed, he didn't have anything on ASK for like a week. I think you can get on the housing list here with just web orders.