Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft Meade?

1. Regular Member

Ft Meade?

Advertisements
    Anyone familiar with Ft. Meade? I'm going to be TDY there for a couple months next year. How bad is it in winter? I'm a huge baby when it comes to cold weather. (hence why I live in Hawaii) I've been to DC a ton of times but never to Baltimore, anything in particular I should see/do while I'm in the area? Any comments on the post in general?
  2. Mrs Schlegel
    Mrs Schlegel
    Blog Entries
    I live on Ft. Meade. The last few years we have gotten hit with some pretty nasty blizzards in February. Couple feet of snow and no power for a couple of days in my neighborhood. The winters do suck at times, but I love it out here. There is alot to do though.

DH~~baby u dont have to worry about giving me everything that i want...... i alrdy have that .... i got u ....i got someone who is sexy ..... someone who has her days ..... someone who keeps me crazy .... someone who keeps me sane .... not all in the same day~

3. Senior Member
    Just found out we also got meade, super stoked considering I've spent every summer of my childhood in the dmv including college.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armygf1985 View Post
    Just found out we also got meade, super stoked considering I've spent every summer of my childhood in the dmv including college.
    I'm here in Baltimore
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Fort Meade isnt far from me at all. It does get hit pretty bad in the winter in this area.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcijs View Post
    I'm here in Baltimore
    Yayyy I'm trying to figure out if we should live closer to base, on base, or commute from nova...I prefer the va side much better but I love the culture and the fact that there's so much to do.
  7. Regular Member
    Anyone who's been there know what the Army Lodging hotel is like? I think it's called Abrams Hall?
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mediajunkie View Post
    Anyone who's been there know what the Army Lodging hotel is like? I think it's called Abrams Hall?
    Not sure if you looked online at Ft. Meade's Information Manual (thingy lol ) but they tell you what it's all about. DCMilitary.com -- Fort Meade Base

Of course nothing is better than actually getting pics and having someone tell you their experience but it's worth a look if you haven't seen it already. It tells you about room space, etc.