Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern VA ladies

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Northern VA ladies

Advertisements
    What is Springfield, VA like?? Does it seem like a fairly safe area??
    I have found a very nice townhouse there well within our budget and close to the metro that will be available around our move time and I am just wondering if that is an area worth looking at when we hit VA
    TIA
  2. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Springfield is safer than some other areas in NoVa... It has its bad spots. Like anyother town in NoVa, its close to everything.
    The big thing about the DC area is the cultures are very mixed there.... Lots of Hispanics, Indians, Asians, etc. Not every where you go speaks English.
    I grew up in Maryland & lived in Northern VA for about 16 months. We visit every month still. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AG3Wife View Post
    Springfield is safer than some other areas in NoVa... It has its bad spots. Like anyother town in NoVa, its close to everything.
    The big thing about the DC area is the cultures are very mixed there.... Lots of Hispanics, Indians, Asians, etc. Not every where you go speaks English.
    I grew up in Maryland & lived in Northern VA for about 16 months. We visit every month still. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask

Thanks so much! I grew up in RIchmond and never really spent to much time in NoVa...but it does sound a little like the Richmond area, so thats good!
    thanks for the info on Springfield...I may be pm'ng ya as I look at other palces if that's ok
  4. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    no problem! NoVa is a bit more busy than Richmond.. but its a good comparison!

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I grew up in Northern VA...So Reston, Vienna, Fairfax (Fair Lakes area) are nice areas....Not far at all from DC..Damn I wish I was home now....Depends on what your willing to spend monthly really.....Every place has it it's highs and lows with problems but depends on your budget Any questions on any of the Northern VA area hit me up......
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by BzzzWife View Post
    I grew up in Northern VA...So Reston, Vienna, Fairfax (Fair Lakes area) are nice areas....Not far at all from DC..Damn I wish I was home now....Depends on what your willing to spend monthly really.....Every place has it it's highs and lows with problems but depends on your budget Any questions on any of the Northern VA area hit me up......
    Thanks hun!! I know we don't want to spend more than 1900 on rent if we don't have to...plus we want an area that is near the metro since the metro runs to the Pentagon.....ofcourse if I can find a job near a Metro station that would be great too!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    All of those places I mentioned are near bus lines that get you to the metro or near the metro............Merrifield area, Falls Church, Rosslyn, Arlington, Alexandria all have nice areas near the metro lines...You should also contact a real estate agent to show you around too..Tell them what your willing to spend and let them do your work for you..Or you two do it hands on....I know you'll find a nice area...You suck ... LOL Leaving me here in Califugup..
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by BzzzWife View Post
    All of those places I mentioned are near bus lines that get you to the metro or near the metro............Merrifield area, Falls Church, Rosslyn, Arlington, Alexandria all have nice areas near the metro lines...You should also contact a real estate agent to show you around too..Tell them what your willing to spend and let them do your work for you..Or you two do it hands on....I know you'll find a nice area...You suck ... LOL Leaving me here in Califugup..

We've been looking on Military by Owner and have found some really great....ofcourse I need to see it for real before decisions are made...already got screwed with this hell hole we are in now, won't do that again

Hey...I told you that you could come with...just tell your dh you will support him from VA and that he can come visit often
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
    We've been looking on Military by Owner and have found some really great....ofcourse I need to see it for real before decisions are made...already got screwed with this hell hole we are in now, won't do that again

Hey...I told you that you could come with...just tell your dh you will support him from VA and that he can come visit often
    Are you looking for a townhouse, apartment, condo or home to rent? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, w/d in unit, carpet, harwood floors, 24hour maintenance, etc....
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would love a house...they seem like the better deals for the $$, but that would mean yeard work and dh does not want that ...but I may get my way!! I have been looking at townhomes....dh is adamant about having a gas stove, hard wood floors would be nice but not a must, w/d a must(most I have seen have them), and 2 hr maint. would be nice...we definitely want to be able to have a pet to. I just emailed someone about this one here...
    http://www.militarybyowner.com/listi...STING_ID=24903
    they didn't have pics of the inside, so waiting on that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast