Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one from the Norfolk/Virginia Beach Area?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Any one from the Norfolk/Virginia Beach Area?

Advertisements
    Hii my husband is going to be based in Norfolk shortly and I am looking for apartments in the area. Any suggestions? I've only been to the area a couple of times and I do not want anything too pricey and I want to avoid the bad neighborhoods.
  2. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

My DH lived in Indian Creeks. Safe neighborhoods close to the main ammenities and hwy's. Not the best of living, not the worst... decent and I liked being there. I felt completely safe.
  3. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

I used to live at University Apartments, they are right behind Walmart and next to the grocery store, Target, the Mall/movie theater. I'm actually trying to move back there when I get back from this deployment.

4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Your_Anz View Post
    My DH lived in Indian Creeks. Safe neighborhoods close to the main ammenities and hwy's. Not the best of living, not the worst... decent and I liked being there. I felt completely safe.

That is actually what I am looking for. A lot of the Virginia Beach apartments are nice but super expensive. I just something simple, decent priced, and safe.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHawk View Post
    I used to live at University Apartments, they are right behind Walmart and next to the grocery store, Target, the Mall/movie theater. I'm actually trying to move back there when I get back from this deployment.
    Thanks! I'll look into those now.
  6. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

Quote Originally Posted by sarah1991 View Post
    That is actually what I am looking for. A lot of the Virginia Beach apartments are nice but super expensive. I just something simple, decent priced, and safe.
    You will find a lot of families and military there actually. That whole general area is actually pretty nice and about 5 minutes from all of the convenience stores.
  7. Senior Member
    Hello! and welcome to Virginia! I live in Virginia Beach with my husband=] I don't really know much about the apartments in Norfolk, but I just wanted to say welcome!! I was born and raised in Tennessee, but I love it here! I just move here Aug 8th.

I love my sailor<3
    Serving in operation:supporting my man
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hey welcome me and my husband actually just move to VA beach in july. And i think it's pretty safe.
  9. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    Welcome to the area! I'm not too sure about Norfolk since Dh is at Little Creek, but I used Rent.com to find a lot of places that we looked at. In the end we wound up at Runaway Bay Apartments because a few of Dh's friend suggested it. I've lived here since June and I love these apartments. They aren't really too expensive and there's a lot close by, but it's probably about 30ish minutes from Norfolk's base so I don't know if you guys would be interested in that kind of drive.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  10. Senior Member
    I don't know how you feel about housing but it is pretty nice in Norfolk. The one I live in- Willoughby Bay- has a newer courtesy patrol(off duty/retired police that drive around at night and you can call to come out and check things) and the houses are well taken care of. Plus they all have enclosed yards, if you have any pets.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast