Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upstate New York- hurricane Irene victims

1. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Me: Long Island, NY Him: MK A School Yorktown, VA

Exclamation Upstate New York- hurricane Irene victims

Advertisements
    I live about 30 minutes south of Albany and our area got hit really hard, windham mtn is destroyed. Prattsburgh, The Village of Catskill, Margaretville etc are all in ruins. I would post the photos I have but my phone won't let me. Anyone else affected by this? Just wanted to check in with you all, and I hope everyone else is okay. There is just complete devastation. Also if anyone would like to donate, I can give addresses to firehouses and shelters in need: items like towels, cleaning supplies, non-perishable food, clothes, baby items, blankets, batteries etc.
    Thanks for reading everyone. Thankfully my daughter and I are alright, no significant damage here, however DH has been working since Friday and can't get home because the road/bridges to come home are closed.

2. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Sorry to hear about all the problems that are going on around you. How far are you from queensbury?
  3. Regular Member
    I'm sorry you got hit so hard. My brother works on the reservoir in Margaretville and he said the town is just destroyed. I'm glad you're okay and hopefully you're husband can get home soon
  4. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Sorry to hear about all the problems that are going on around you. How far are you from queensbury?
    We are about an hour and a half south of there. Up there was hit really hard too I heard. It's just so sad...

5. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post
    I'm sorry you got hit so hard. My brother works on the reservoir in Margaretville and he said the town is just destroyed. I'm glad you're okay and hopefully you're husband can get home soon
    Our friends live in Kerhonkson, not too far from there. We still haven't heard from them so I'm assuming they still don't have power. I feel terrible your brother had to see it, it's sad enough to look at pictures online! Thanks guys, hopefully he'll try to cross tonight and they'll let him through.

6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I can't believe you guys got hit that hard I live a few hours away, outside of Binghamton and it was just windy and really rainy, but nothing serious.

Glad you're okay!

7. Senior Member
    I'm from farther north, but my grandparents, and my mom grew up in Margaretville...I've been there a ton of times, we used to have our family reunions there...this is heart breaking!!
  8. Senior Member

You stay safe sweetie! did the water where L is at gone down yet? did the buildings get flooded? how much damage was done to the station?

I hope L gets home soon!

9. Senior Member
    We had a lot of flooding (I'm between NYC and Albany) and our whole room was flooded because it's basically in the basement. We have no carpet and hopefully we will be getting some soon. Some people around here have a lot more destruction than I do so I feel lucky in comparison.

"I know I'm young but if I had to choose him or the sun,
    I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun."
  10. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    I can't believe you guys got hit that hard I live a few hours away, outside of Binghamton and it was just windy and really rainy, but nothing serious.

Glad you're okay!
    I know, it's just terrible
    Thanks I'm glad you're okay too! And that little peanut of yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I'm from farther north, but my grandparents, and my mom grew up in Margaretville...I've been there a ton of times, we used to have our family reunions there...this is heart breaking!!
    Aww, Margaretville is so beautiful, one of our favorite towns. I was so sad to hear they got hit so hard! to you and your family!
    I'm actually sending some maternity clothes and 0-3mos winter baby clothes up there! Hope they can use them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast