Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Fort Campbell, KY

1. Senior Member

Question about Fort Campbell, KY

Advertisements
    So I've heard that Fort Campbell is one of the largest installations in the army. DH is worried about that. He said that he's heard it takes 2 hours to drive off post at fort bliss around 5 when everyone is getting off work since its such a large post. I'm not sure where he heard that or if its even true... but since he is so worried about it, I figured I would ask you fort Campbell ladies... when traffic is at its worst point in the day, about how long does it take you or your hubby to drive off post?
  2. Senior Member
    It takes husband about 45 mins to an hour to get home during the week (we live about 20 mins away with no traffic). Its not that bad, IMO
  3. Senior Member
    Oh I should add, thats though gate 4
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks Kat, we're going to be new to Fort Campbell so I have no idea what unit DH will be in or what gate we'll be out of. I'll let him know, that doesn't sound too bad. How do you like the post? Its our first PCS so I'm really nervous!
  5. Senior Member
    I like it. It is a huge post but I like it more the Ft Lewis Are you planning on being on post or off?
  6. Senior Member
    I was just looking at your profile and noticed we are in the same group! We'll be coming from Fort Lewis also. Honestly, I just can't say that I'm going to miss Washington. I think we are going to live on post... we've never done that before, but the BAH is a lot lower than it is here and we can't find a house with a yard for the rate we'd be getting. We have a very large and energetic dog. I was looking at the website for housing and it looks like the housing at campbell is a lot nicer than the housing we would have qualified for here at lewis.
  7. Senior Member
    Yea, I didn't like Lewis. I miss my friends but not the state.

Just be prepared to have to look off post, with all the units coming back from deployment and a bunch of new people, there is a wait on post... Heck people even had a hard time looking off post. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Have you tried Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN.com) v7.0 ?
  8. ~"Diva, Wife, Mom!"~
    ~"Diva, Wife, Mom!"~
    Hey we pcs'd here to Campbell in February and have been living off post for the last six months, three weeks ago we found out are lease offpost was going to be up so we walked into the housing office onpost and wouldn't you know it they had a house available for us it was surely a miracle! Today is our moving date at 3pm! At this Duty Station living off post just did not benefit us at all I am looking forward to living back on-post again. Right now if DH gets off at 5 he is home by 5:20 and we live on Peachers Mill but I have seen traffic get crazy in the morning especially trying to get through the gate during the pt hours and morning rush it can get long but it certainly does not take two hours like your dh heard lol. Oh and yes this post is huge it Spans across Kentucky and Tennessee, we came from Fort Stewart which was big but nothing like this and the layout sucks, where at Stewart everything was in a centralized location here at Campbell the hospital is far apart from the px/commissary the CYS registration the housing neighborhoods and don't get me started on dhs job location it can get frustrating but in time you will learn the tricks and shortcuts. There definitely is no shortage of people to meet here when do you guys pcs?
    ~~Mi Familia!!!~~
    From Fort Stewart, GA 01/2008-01/2011 TO Fort Campbell, KY! 02/2011-
  9. Senior Member
    We just found out, so we have about 3 months until we PCS. That's so exciting you get a new house today! Please let me know how you like it, we've never lived on post before... the housing at our current duty station is pretty bad unless your on the officer side. I'd really like to hear what the housing is like at Campbell, I've gotten a quite a bit of mixed opinions about it so far.
  10. Senior Member
    Well we live 15-20 min off post without traffic. During the rush it can take DH 30-45 min to get home, which isn't bad IMO. However, they have had a couple of the gates closed since the 101st has been gone this past year, but now that they are all open at least during rush, I think it might get better.
    misskrissyo is my partner in crime Fifi is my lover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast