Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VA Beach People

1. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead

VA Beach People

Advertisements
    So I have lived down here for a month and I am still unemployed. That being said, I am losing my mind being by myself all day every day. I have tried to keep busy and pretty much everyone I know from back home has come down for a visit, but now everyone is gone and I am bored as all hell.

What is there to do for fun around here and is anyone else in the area as bored as I am?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  2. Happy together
    Happy together
    I work so it keeps me busy! but I go to the gym to kill time lol if thats helps any
  3. loveing life <3
    loveing life <3
    Blog Entries
    Very bored, i go to the beach near my apartment complex alot mainly to kill time, that gets kinda dull after a while though
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    there's the libraries, mini golf, cruising the malls....pick a up a few hobbies. You have a multitude of craft stores there, maybe take up a few crafts. I know some schools have adult classes like flower arranging, scrapbooking, stuff like that.
  5. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    I would definitely say go to school or work. Check MWR to see if they're hiring (you can check Oceana, Norfolk, Little Creek, Langley AFB and Fort Story) and see if they've got any openings. Also, don't be afraid to check for employment in Norfolk at the MacArthur Center. You could go to the beach... go to a bookstore and read/get a coffee... volunteer with the USO or American Red Cross?
  6. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiley. View Post
    I would definitely say go to school or work. Check MWR to see if they're hiring (you can check Oceana, Norfolk, Little Creek, Langley AFB and Fort Story) and see if they've got any openings. Also, don't be afraid to check for employment in Norfolk at the MacArthur Center. You could go to the beach... go to a bookstore and read/get a coffee... volunteer with the USO or American Red Cross?
    Yea, I have turned in apps all over Va Beach area and at the base where dh workz and still nothing. I want to go back to school, but right now I need a job so we aren't struggling with bills.

I thinks it is that I don't know anyone is starting to get to me. I am used to having someone back home always available to keep me from being a shut in and now I don't know anyone so I spend most days at home with my fur babies.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  7. Senior Member
    Have you tried Gold Key?
  8. Regular Member
    I am in Va Beach.
  9. Regular Member
    I am from Va Beach, and here almost every weekend.. and now during the summer, almost everyday. Bowling on base is fun and cheap, putt putt, the ocean front.. If you want to go to the beach I recommend going to the Beach on base it's much nicer, cleaner, you don't have to pay and a lot less tourists!! Send me a PM if you ever want to get together My kids and I are always looking to get out of the house!!