Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Virginia Beach Ladies...help.[homes/wedding]

1. Senior Member

Virginia Beach Ladies...help.[homes/wedding]

Advertisements
    Hey ladies
    I'm going to be your neighbor in the next year DF is going to be stationed here for the next few years! I am going to stay here in TN for another year of schooling. (This also depends on when he is going to be deployed. He is attached to a squadron and the ship is supposed to deploy at the end of the year, but since he'll just then be finishing up school, they aren't sure if he'll be on it-which means in December I'll be moving). Hopefully I can get accepted into ODU!!! Then, we're getting married and I'm moving to my man

I have a couple of questions....
    1.) We are going to get a one bedroom apartment off base. He likes Reflections at Virginia Beach from the images and floor plans that are online. I was wondering if anyone else lives here(so you can tell me your opinion on them)???
    If someone lives in another apartment complex and would like to tell me your opinion I am completely open to that!
    2.) We plan to get married on the beach. We were thinking since he's going to be stationed near a beach, why not have it there I have only been to VA once and we were just traveling through. Is there beautiful white sandy private beaches?? I don't want to get hit in the head with a volleyball while saying my vows
    Also, does anyone know of a nice reception place. It's a small wedding so we don't need anything extravagant.

I apologize about the length! I'm just so excited to start my own family with DF
  2. Senior Member
    I don't know anything about apt complexes.
    If he's with a squadron plan on them flying him out to the ship shortly after he arrives in VB. It might not be right away because of transportation issues, but they don't leave squadron people behind permanently for deployments.

Dam Neck Navy base has a beach, and many people get married there. You can also do the reception at the club there. It's much less expensive than other venues. Not sure what their minimum is though.

To add: VA doesn't have white sandy beaches. You get brown sand.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach View Post
    I don't know anything about apt complexes.
    If he's with a squadron plan on them flying him out to the ship shortly after he arrives in VB. It might not be right away because of transportation issues, but they don't leave squadron people behind permanently for deployments.

Dam Neck Navy base has a beach, and many people get married there. You can also do the reception at the club there. It's much less expensive than other venues. Not sure what their minimum is though.

To add: VA doesn't have white sandy beaches. You get brown sand.
    Okay. I want him to get this deployment over with. When the ship is "planned" to come back, it'll be around the time I plan to move to VA.
    I'll have to get some white sand put on the beach lol I guess I can settle for brown sand. As long as it's on a beach: )