Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: virginia beach elementary schools

1. Regular Member

virginia beach elementary schools

Advertisements
    Can anyone tell me about the elementary schools in the Virginia Beach area?

My son will start school in 2012 (unless there is a way for him to test in sooner to get around the birthday/ age thing) so I would like to know which schools are more desirable and which ones I should stay away from.

He is very bright and very curious, his enrichment program teachers have already told me that there is nothing else in their curriculum for him to learn and that he already knew it all when he got there and is mainly in the class for the socialization aspect.

I do not want him to get stuck at a school where he will fall behind because he is ahead (does that make sense?) I have always felt that this is what happened to my husband who is really very smart and got bored and was therefor labeled as a problem child and put on Ritalin.
  2. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    i went to w.t. cooke and Thalia elementary schools and loved them both. Thalia was one of the best learning enviroments i have ever been apart of.
  3. Regular Member
    My son starts school this year. He will be going to Malibu, which is the smallest elementary school in VA Beach. He goes to Pembroke right now for Preschool and I love their school
  4. Regular Member
    I will definitely have to find him a preschool once we get up there. he is currently in a part day enrichment program at CDC and he loves it.
  5. Senior Member
    I don't have children but my good friends kids go to Birdneck Elementary. She is very active with the school and has been PTA President for the past like 4 years. She always raves about Birdneck Elementary! Its closer to the Oceana area if you were wondering.
    Another day down is another day closer- tip to survive deployment #5