Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodbridge? Moving to DC

1. Banned
    Banned

Woodbridge? Moving to DC

Advertisements
    My husband and I are moving to DC with our kids in a few months and we're thinking about moving to Woodbridge. He will be working at the Navy Yard and said the commute is around an hour. Is this true? I am fine with an hour commute....I just heard the traffic is really bad there and I want to make sure we understand the commute before looking for houses.

Also, are there other military families in Woodbridge? I would love to meet up with some military wives. Thanks!
  2. Senior Member

I grew up near Woodbridge (Manassas)..... traffic is horrendous.

Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have sent you a PM with my dad's contact information. He has been doing real-estate in that area for over 20 years and will be able to help!
  4. Regular Member
    I lived in Woodbridge and worked at the Navy Yard. The normal commute is less than an hour but with traffic you will find it could take about 2-3 hours to get to work at the Navy Yard. It was the most miserable trip I made for 3 years everyday to work. Good luck.
  5. Regular Member
    Hmm...we live right outside DC and I've only been to Woodbridge a couple times...but that is a pretty long commute. DC traffic is rated some of the worst in the country (pretty sure it's #1 or #2). I would not recommend living that far out. Good luck in your search!
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    We currently live in Woodbridge, have been for almost 4 years now. My DH commute was to Bolling AFB originally and now the big house. The longest his commute is in 1 1/2 hrs and that's usually on a Friday. Most of the time its 45mins-1hr. Traffic is horrible, but its doable. I recommend Woodbridge because its cheap and close to a lot of things. You cannot revolve your living situation around the commute. You could be 5 miles away and it can still take you 2 hrs to get there. ARound here, it won't matter if you are 50 miles or 2 miles, it's unpredictable and never the same thing everyday. I would love to give you any insight. We've been here 5 1/2 years and know the area, before Woodbridge we lived in Springfield.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HooyahWife View Post
    I grew up near Woodbridge (Manassas)..... traffic is horrendous.
    I grew up in Manassas

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  8. Senior Member
    Traffic will DEF be a b*tch but I don't think it's an hour away if you hop on the beltway. I just moved from Woodbridge (they call it Hoodbridge lol) not too long ago. Alexandria is only 20 min away from Woodbridge and DC is only about 20 min away from Alexandria. It's definitely cheaper living but I much prefer Alexandria.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    I grew up in Manassas
    WHAAAT

Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by armygf1985 View Post
    Traffic will DEF be a b*tch but I don't think it's an hour away if you hop on the beltway. I just moved from Woodbridge (they call it Hoodbridge lol) not too long ago. Alexandria is only 20 min away from Woodbridge and DC is only about 20 min away from Alexandria. It's definitely cheaper living but I much prefer Alexandria.

I REAAAALLLY hate it when people call an entire city that for one small 2 block section of the city..... The city is 12+ square miles, and because of a questionable 2 (maybe 3) block radius the entire city is labeled.... stupid...

And Alexandria is not 20 mins from DC... its maybe 5-10... Heck, I can get to DC in 20 mins from Woodbridge.... depending on the day and 95
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast