Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Info on Fairfax, VA

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Info on Fairfax, VA

Advertisements
    My husband is going to be working at the pentagon starting in January and we will be living in Fairfax, VA. I am looking for anyone that has any information on ANYTHING! My oldest daughter will be most likely attending Little Run ES starting next September. Anyone know anything about that school? Also, info on Dr.'s or if there is a prime clinic to go to for medical stuff.

Anything will be great, I know nothing about the area!! Thanks!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Moving to VA - Info

Hi, I'm Sarah. Our family just moved to Lorton, Virginia in June 2010. You can use me as a contact if you need to ask any information. We are figuring everything out as we go but thank goodness we have friends who moved here about a year before we did and helped us out with all the loose ends.
    Fairfax is a nice place to live. The schools in Fairfas county are among the best in the nation. But I do not know anything specific about that elementary school.
    Medical services will probably be at Ft. Belvior in VA (about 20 min) from your fairfax), Walter Reed and Bethesda (both in DC) until the new hospital is built at Ft. Belvior and pretty much all services will be there. I believe that hospital will open up in the summer of 2011.
    I have friends who work at the Pentagon and my husband will be moving there in about a year and a half. So we know the area well.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sarah
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyandUSMCfam View Post
    The schools in Fairfax county are among the best in the nation.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I lived in that area pretty much my whole life, it! Schools are amazing (IMO), love the area, lots to do, pretty safe in the grand scheme of things.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you for the input and opinions!!!
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    we live in woodbridge now but used to live in springfield. There is a clinic called Fairfax Family Health Center, its a branch of DeWitty Army Hospital (Belvoir) for folks that live in Fairfax that are not close to Belvoir (they also have one in Woodbridge). The clinic is good for about anything except major things that require a hospital. You will probably go to Belvoir for anything major, but for emergencies you'd go to NOVA Hospital. Feel free to message if you have questions.
  7. Senior Member
    I've just relocated from Alexandria/Woodbridge, VA (Fairfax Co.) and could answer any questions you may have. It's a great, clean and awesome area! I hope to move back soon, hopefully my bf would be stationed there in the near future.