Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone looking for a house to buy in Norfolk

1. Regular Member

Anyone looking for a house to buy in Norfolk

Advertisements
    My house is in the 5 points area of Norfolk. We are trying to sell before we transfer to San Diego. Here is the link to my house.

4549 Bankhead Ave Norfolk, VA 23513 - Real Estate | CENTURY 21

Here is the for rent link.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...513_1119572783
    Last edited by gabbyspice; 07-10-2010 at 07:01 PM.
  2. Regular Member
    They have extended the first time home buyers tax credit for military members that were deployed for more than 90 days from 1jan09-may10. So if you are thinking about buying you can still get the credit.
  3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

You house is cute! May I offer one suggestion? You need to de-clutter. The two sofa's in your living room are too big. One into storage would make the room look much larger, along with removing the cornor chest. Maybe even the tv stand. The bookcase...too much. The picture's on the staircase...too much. Too much furniture in your bedroom. Toy chest, need to clean that out and only keep a few items..maybe something with a lid. People have to be able to see THEIR stuff in your home, not your stuff. KWIM? Less is best.

When we sold our home I practically removed everything. All the knick knacks, all my personal photos. I cleared off everything on my kitchen counters. I pulled up all throw rugs. I kept everything crisp and clean.

A storage unit isn't that expensive for a month or two. I would do this and then re-shoot your photos.

I don't mean to offend, just offering a suggestion that really helped me sell my last home. (and I FSBO).
  4. Regular Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. We have decluttered a lot more since those pictures. We have had nothing but positive feedback on the house from the people that have looked. I guess the right person just hasn't seen it yet.
  5. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by gabbyspice View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. We have decluttered a lot more since those pictures. We have had nothing but positive feedback on the house from the people that have looked. I guess the right person just hasn't seen it yet.

Then why not have new pictures taken and posted? Again, I was only offering sound advice that I was given...and it really helped me sell my home.

Good luck.
  6. Senior Member
    Jayo, you're right on. Good suggestions and OP, I sure hope you sell soon!

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Then why not have new pictures taken and posted? Again, I was only offering sound advice that I was given...and it really helped me sell my home.

Good luck.
    I agree here, you want to put your best foot forward on this! Something that little could make a huge difference in if someone makes an offer and how much that offer would be. When I sold my house I did the same thing, cleared everything out.

Also regarding people's feedback, it's very rare that someone is going to give you negative feedback on a house, KWIM? They might see something they don't like here and there but most people will keep that to themselves to avoid awkwardness. There's always room for improvement! Good luck on the sale.
  8. Regular Member
    The other realtors have had nothing but positive things to say. We are doing what we can but in this market it's hard. Don't really plan on getting a storage unit, My garage is almost 500 sq feet and the navy is coming to pack up our house in less than a month.

Again thanks for the advice.
  9. Regular Member
    Really hoping not to rent out the house, but may have to if we don't sell it.
  10. Regular Member
    So I am putting my house up for rent. Here is the military by owner listing.

Bankhead Ave, VA

If your interested you could you could contact my property manager.

Linda Cortez
    340-4703
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast