Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pax river?

1. Senior Member

pax river?

Advertisements
    Is anyone at pax river?? We are looking into maybe going there and just wondered if anyone could tell me about it?
  2. Senior Member
    I grew up and my family still lives about 25 minutes from Pax!! What do you want to know?

3. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    We lived there from 2002-2005.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I live here, have lived here my entire life. What do you want to know?
  5. Senior Member
    I was just intrested to know what its like, how the base is there, umm what all is around there, whats the living cost like there..all that kind of fun stuff ..is it a busy place? lots of traffic?? how is the crime level there? thanks ladies I really appreciate your help and advice!!!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    We are located near the Southern Maryland Penninsula. We are about an hour and a half from Washington DC and many people commute there for work. We are about 45 minutes from the Bridge into Virginia. About 2 -2 1/2 hours to Baltimore and the airport (BWI).

We are a really historical area as St. Marys City is Marylands First Capital. Point Lookout is part of the park located on the Pennisula and is an old civil war prison camp.

We are known for our Seafood and have LOTS of Seafood Resturants. We are expanding as far as stores/resturants. The closest mall is about an hour away however we are getting a Kohls among other stores. We currently have Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Pier One, JC Penney, Belk, etc etc etfc

If you are into water activities we have lots to do involving that.

Um...I am 21 and have no children so as far as schools go I don't know. I liked mine

There is a substantial amount of traffic during rush hour but the roads are always expanding to meet demand.

Crime is low, in my opinion. The more north you go the higher it gets.

We have a shitty movie theater but the base has a theater, commisary, drill hall with bowling alley, pool, etc.
  7. Senior Member
    traffic there at the peak duty change times on base can be very rough. Usually pretty steady but still kinda sucks. Other than that it's usually not bad.

As far as all the other stuff it really depends on where you live. Are you planning on living on base or off base? We live just on the other side of the river in Calvert County. Our crime rate isn't bad, and most if it is just petty stuff like some DOP, nothing major. My dad has about a 25-30 minute commute. It is a beautiful area. Not a whoooole lot for kids to do other than movies, bowling, and finding their own fun. Of course there are beaches and outdoor fun. If your willing to drive a little North there is more stuff.
    I loved growing up there and love when I get to go home for weekends/breaks

8. Senior Member
    aww it sounds great!!! by traffic i meant like virginia beach bad?? also how is the base housing?
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenswife View Post
    aww it sounds great!!! by traffic i meant like virginia beach bad?? also how is the base housing?
    I can't comment on base housing- I've only been in one house off base and it looked really roomy!

In NO WAY is it like VA Beach!! DB is there now and that is insane! 6 mile backup daily? No way!
  10. Senior Member
    I can't comment on base housing, but there is a lot of good housing around the base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast