Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anyone live/lived on Andrews AFB?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Anyone live/lived on Andrews AFB?

Advertisements
    I need some help...
    housing, schools...
  2. Senior Member
    We have lived there, but it was a few years ago. They have very nice, new privatized housing.

The closest town is Waldof, Maryland. They have nice houses for rent there, and are about 20 minutes from base. You can get to Waldorf by surface streets, no major highway travel required. I95 is vvery easy acess right out the main gate. You are on the I95 corridor and there is major consturction and traffic in that area, almost 24/7. The traffic flow I95N starts around 4am-11am and the afternoon around 2/3pm-8/9pm.

Alexandria, Va is realativlly close by, just over the Wilson Bridge. There are many apartments there that would be affordable.
  3. Senior Member
    Here are a couple school links:
    Andrews Air Force Base - schools

Andrews AFB Schools - Andrews AFB Maryland School Ratings - Public and Private

We homeschool so I can't help much with school choices.
  4. Senior Member

My dad was stationed ther...like 30 years ago...haha i guess that doesn't help much
  5. Senior Member
    I live near there and LOVE it. We own our home. I HIGHLY recommend our area. There are a ton of houses for sale. The schools are nice, we know a LOT of teachers (one of my good friends is now a high school Spanish teacher here this year) at the local schools. We have lived here since June of 2007 without a single problem and my husband is an EMT at the local station.

I know ON Andrews they JUST redid a bunch of housing and it is beautiful. I think they are getting ready to redo some more as well. That is my extent of knowledge of housing as I drive by on my way to the hospital or commissary lol
  6. Beltway Bandit
    Beltway Bandit
    Blog Entries
    Try to stay out of Prince George's County public schools if you can. (I am a PG County Schools employee so I can say that!) If you're going to be in PG, the schools in Upper Marlboro are a bit better than the ones closer to DC.