Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Woodbridge Houses

1. Senior Member

Woodbridge Houses

Advertisements
    Has anyone bought a house in woodbridge before? We have been looking in Waldorf and have had no luck. DH mention about maybe looking in Woodbridge. Are there areas to avoid? We want something at least close to 95 because dh will be commuting from DC.

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Has anyone bought a house in woodbridge before? We have been looking in Waldorf and have had no luck. DH mention about maybe looking in Woodbridge. Are there areas to avoid? We want something at least close to 95 because dh will be commuting from DC.

Thanks!
    Nooooo, not Hoodbridge....

Lake Ridge is pretty ok . I am sure there are many more ok neighborhood but be careful. What about Stafford
  3. Senior Member
    Helene, do you work in DC? What the commute like? He works over on bolling air force base.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Woodbridge is not that bad at all, just have to look at the areas and also the schools when you make your decision.
    We have lived in Woodbridge for 3 years now and have not one issue, but we were careful of where we chose.

Josh commutes to Arlington and with the van pool and HOV it is ab out 45 minutes, which is good timing for rush hour
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I just came from house hunting in Woodbridge/Springfield.

I can tell you the streets/areas to look for houses on. We looked up the good schools on line at the hotel, printed a map, and went out to look at the neighborhoods. They were all good.

I can tell you that 95 is the biggest PAIN IN THE BUTT traffic wise. If you do a slug line, you should be fine.