Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Norfolk,VA Housing!!?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Norfolk,VA Housing!!?

Advertisements
    Last edited by chriswifey; 01-06-2010 at 12:12 AM.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You are going to have a lot traffic to deal with if you live somewhere in Hampton, Newport News, or anywhere else that you have to deal with going through the HRBT tunnel to get to work.

We live in Chesapeake (Deep Creek) and have no problems with the neighborhood or school. I know people who live in VA Beach as well and really have no complaints or issues.
  3. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    I vote VA beach - I personally just would never live in Norfolk [personal preference] but VA beach and chesapeake both have great areas....
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  4. Senior Member
    dh is stationed at naval station norfolk but we live in virginia beach. we love it where we are. it's a good neighborhood. it takes dh about eh 20 minutes to get to work but it's well worth it to live where we do and be safe and that honestly that's not a long drive at all.
  5. Senior Member
    I'm from a small town (10,000 people) so I think ALL the traffic around here is a nightmare. It's really not SO bad here though, dh commutes to Naval Station Norfolk from Chesapeake every morning. He tries to leave before the HOV lane closes to single commuters but if he doesn't make it he still gets to work with plenty of time to spare. I'm even starting to get used to it.

As far as where to live...we looked in Norfolk but wow were the neighborhoods we saw scary. My grandmother lives in a really ritzy area of Norfolk so I wasn't quite prepared for what I saw househunting. Virginia Beach is really nice but the only homes in our price range were condos and we wanted a house. I don't know if renting is more expensive there or not. We fell in love with the neighborhood we're in now (Chesapeake 23325) and looked at every house for sale here. We live in a very nice centrally located neightborhood--low crime, low traffic area and the price was right. Good luck!

Awaiting the arrival of baby Andrew

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by chriswifey; 01-06-2010 at 12:13 AM.
  7. on the road again.....
    on the road again.....
    I live in housing in Norfolk. I love my housing area and I feel perfectly safe here. I've learned what times are best to travel the freeways and when to take surface streets. I like it here!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/reyn2bee/blinkies/nj_devils.gif[/URL]
  8. I love my life!
    I love my life!
    We are getting stationed there also! I will be stalking this thread. I have been curious about housing there also. Right now we live about an hour away from baseand soon its going to be about 2 hrs away, so the commute isnt whats going to bother us.. I just want to make sure its in a good neighborhood.
  9. Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Not really a navy gf anymore...
    I'm not in Housing, although CrkrQuesadilla (sp?) is. I live on S. Military Highway near the Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake line. And depending on where you live, traffic isn't too bad. Now granted there are neighborhoods to avoid in every section, but I grew up in VA Beach and now living in "Norfolk" isn't bad at all. Just avoid apartments if you can The rent at my place is sooo jacked up it's not even funny.
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    hell, i live in Old Towne Portsmouth and its not bad. You just gotta be mindful where you choose. I know a few people who live in Ghent (Norfolk) and like it a lot

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast