Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Plains, Md?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

White Plains, Md?

Advertisements
    Any info?
    Does it get your out of the supposedly increasing crime rate in Waldorf but not a bad commute? Housing? Schools?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I mean, it's like 15 minutes from Waldorf. I live in St. Mary's County about 45 min from Waldorf and WE feel the effects of the increasing crime. It's just how it is. Can't comment on schools and such. Right near the new baseball stadium though and they are really doing something great for the community!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i mean i live near Waldorf and i think its a bad area honestly i hate living here but
    i mean its not horrible i guess! as for the schools it seems the kids around here are never
    in school lol.
  4. Senior Member
    I just dont see the "increasing crime rate" but whatever. White Plains is nice but it is another 15 minutes on your commute and the price of homes and rent will be higher. Maybe my neighborhood is just really that quiet but we never see anything happen here. I guess when you leave a neighborhood that you hear nightly gunshots you might be jaded LOL
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrshardy View Post
    i mean i live near Waldorf and i think its a bad area honestly i hate living here but
    i mean its not horrible i guess! as for the schools it seems the kids around here are never
    in school lol.
    Where do you live?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danyell View Post
    I mean, it's like 15 minutes from Waldorf. I live in St. Mary's County about 45 min from Waldorf and WE feel the effects of the increasing crime. It's just how it is. Can't comment on schools and such. Right near the new baseball stadium though and they are really doing something great for the community!
    Have you been to the stadium yet? They are going to start bringing big name people in for concerts.. I am so excited!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    I just dont see the "increasing crime rate" but whatever. White Plains is nice but it is another 15 minutes on your commute and the price of homes and rent will be higher. Maybe my neighborhood is just really that quiet but we never see anything happen here. I guess when you leave a neighborhood that you hear nightly gunshots you might be jaded LOL
    Compared to how Waldorf used to be, I can see the changes. However I am certaintly not scared to go. I just hate the traffic. I would never be up there if we had a mall in Lexington Park!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    Have you been to the stadium yet? They are going to start bringing big name people in for concerts.. I am so excited!
    Db and I went to a few games last year!! It was SO MUCH FUN! It was so intimate and it is great. They already had Trace Adkins. I'm not a country fan but he is big name. AND THREE DOORS DOWN IS COMING
  9. Senior Member
    Compared to how Waldorf used to be, I can see the changes. However I am certaintly not scared to go. I just hate the traffic. I would never be up there if we had a mall in Lexington Park!
    I guess thats true. It just kinda makes me mad that people make it sound like its downtown DC. It went from like 1 robbery to like 5 .. they crime is still VERY low! You can go to http://somd.com/news/headlines/2009/10261.shtml and read the police plotter. I play outside on the grass out front with my kid all day. My neighbor leaves is garage door open ALL day long. We have NEVER had ANY problems. Neither had a good friend of mine who lives less then half a mile away from me in Waldorf. The traffic ESPECIALLY on Leonardtown or 301 can be horrible. I cuss a LOT when I have to go down those streets.. I am fond of the back roads lol The mall sucks! Especially on a weekend... I refuse to go then! Its so empty on week days (which by the way I'm 5 mins from there On St Charles Pkwy)
  10. Senior Member
    Db and I went to a few games last year!! It was SO MUCH FUN! It was so intimate and it is great. They already had Trace Adkins. I'm not a country fan but he is big name. AND THREE DOORS DOWN IS COMING
    I know!! I wanted to see him so bad! I have NO sitter though. Theyre playing in August. Have you been to the National Harbor?? I think thats the name... right by the bridge..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast