Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are these safe towns??

1. Jyll216

Are these safe towns??

Advertisements
    Chesapeake or
    Portsmouth
  2. Jyll216
    Also, which is the closest town to Norfolk???
  3. stacy
    I've heard TERRIBLE things about Portsmouth. That is where the shipyard is that my dh works at and his command told us NOT to live there...bad area. We've been over there several times and the "old town" Portsmouth seems pretty nice (where the Naval Hospital is located) but the rest of it gives me the creeps....

I don't know a lot about Chesapeake but I have heard that it is nice over there. I think all of the cities have their good and bad areas around here...or at least that is how it seems to me. The thing about Chesapeake is traffic is going to be a bitch to get to the Naval Station in Norfolk to work. I have a friend that lives right on the chesapeake line (not even fully in chesapeake) and she says when her husband has to be at work at 7 he has to leave their apt at 5:30!!! Traffic here is AWFUL!!

We live right outside the Naval Station and when dh has to work in Portsmouth he has to leave our house at least an hour early to get through morning traffic and can take from an hour to and hour and a half to get home in the evenings.

Good luck
  4. Breezy
    Never mind
  5. Jyll216
    im sticking to virginia beach or hampton!
  6. Jyll216
    Thanks girls!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    lol we moved from hampton and it wasnt the best place either lol I would jsut make sure you tour the area that you are intrested in.... every place around here has bad areas!!
  8. Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdawn45
    lol we moved from hampton and it wasnt the best place either lol I would jsut make sure you tour the area that you are intrested in.... every place around here has bad areas!!
    That is what I keep saying!!!
  9. BGsWIFE
    Okay Look All The Cities Around Here Have Their Good Parts And Their Bad Parts You Really Have To Check It Out For Yourself! My Husband And I Live In Chesapeake But Like Maybe 2 Minutes From The Portsmouth Line And It Is Nice Over Here And I Have Lived In Portsmouth, You Just Have To Scope It All Out For Yourself! As Far As Hampton I Think It Is Just As Bad As Portsmouth (in Certain Areas) Just A Whole Lot Bigger! Ok In Portsmouth There Are Some Projects(ghetto) Jeffery Willson, London Oaks, There Are A Few Others But I Can't Think Of Them Right Now I Know A Couple Of Years Ago They Tore Some Down! They Are Trying To Rebuild Portsmouth. This Area Is Just Very Diverse! Oh And Where We Live It Only Takes My Husband About 20-30 Minutes To Get To Nob (norfolk Naval Base). But If Anyone Has Questioins About A Certain Area You Can Ask Me I Have Lived In The Area Since I Was About 10. Hope I Helped A Little
    Genia
  10. Jyll216
    I have a question.. can you go check out Maple bay apartments.. Runaway bay.. and reflections for me and tell me if they are nice?! haha
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast